Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Hyperlink on HTML page fails

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Hyperlink on HTML page fails
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We have a HTML report launch page in MRE. We added a hyperlink to another HTML page, also in MRE, that displays "help information"

Everything worked fine on our test server... So I changed the reference to the server from webfocustest to webfocus and copied it to our prod server. And you know the story... It failed...

The hyperlink originally referenced the URL and the message I received was "ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX Can't open file to read content. ".

I tried changing the hyperlink to type HTML. The message then was "The requested resource (/approot/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm) is not available.

And rpthelp.htm is in MRE and runs fine by itself.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: knegrotto,

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

Expert
posted Hide Post
When you say, "runs fine by itsself", what is the URL?

Does it match what your launch page has ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
What I should have said was that it works when run directly from Dev Studio, not through a link.

On the launch page I have taken the following approaches:

Hyperlink using URL: https://webfocus/ibi_apps/Cont...action=MR_STD_REPORT

Hyperlink using HTML :IBFS:/Webfocus/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

Gold member
posted Hide Post
More information...

The object (rptHelp.htm) does not show up in prod MRE. It is in the virtual directory but MRE does not "see it". Show on User's List was checked.

Is there a step we are missing?

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

Expert
posted Hide Post
The call you are making does not look right.

The HTM file is in an app directory on the WF server, but the call you are making,
    https ://webfocus/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LAUNCH_CGI&IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_domain=budgetre/budgetre.htm&IBIMR_folder=%23generalkseb3&IBIMR_fex=app/rpthelp.htm&IBIMR_flags=none%2CisFex%3Dfalse%2CrunPowerPoint%3Dfalse&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT
, is an MRE call.

I think you need to redeploy the HTM file to MRE in production.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBFS:/Webfocus/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm

This is the MRE Folder and the file is there. But even if I use the HTMl reference above, it fails.

And clients do not "see" the object in MRE even though it is there.

The only difference between it and other objects in MRE is that it was not previously on the prod server and was copied, not moved via MRE change control.

I found that the permission list looks different for that file. It is missing an Administrator permission that says "not inhertited".

I tried repeating the migration via MRE. Now it works for me but still fails for everyone else ????

I then tried deleting the HTM file to remove all settings and repeated the migration, same results.

I have read about "soft" versus "hard" deletes and wonder if a "soft" delete is preventing removal of the file so that it can start "clean".

This is our production rollout and we are frantic.

Any help would be appreciated.

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

Expert
posted Hide Post
Where is the file on the server ?, what is the path to its location ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
:/Webfocus/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm

\\webfocus\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\budgetre\app

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBFS:/Webfocus/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm

IBFS is an internal thing, don't use it from a web perspecitve.

So you can get to the file, via a browser, but no one else can.

Are you able to change the privileges on the file ? Reset them to what the other files have.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by knegrotto:
quote:
:/Webfocus/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/bud_prod_mre/rpthelp.htm

\\webfocus\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\budgetre\app

In MRE, a file is indentified by Name, Size, Type, Modified and File Name. Ensure that the file you want to reference in your html script has exactly the same name as the one under File Name.

Sometimes, when copying or deploying over a file in MRE(e.g rpthelp.htm), the name can remain the same while the file name can change to other stuff.

If this does not resolve the problem, edit the link in HTML painter (instead of manually changing the link in script) before you deploy it.

let me know if the problem persist.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Posts: 117 | Registered: November 18, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Okay... Our problem is now resolved and it was actually two issues:

Issue 1) MRE could not see the HTM

Resolved by using MRE Change management Tool to migate that file. Previously we simply copied the file from server to server. Obviously the MRE tool does more than that.

Issue 2) The link was found but client received error 19402 "Your session has expired or been invalidated". After logging again a second time, the page was displayed.

This was due to a certificate error. Redirected link to authenticated web site.

Apparently the different permissions had nothing to do with issue.

Thanks for your help!

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all