Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dat file Missing in Dev studio-Updated

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dat file Missing in Dev studio-Updated
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Pls look below...

WebFOCUS Environments -> Stage -> Data Servers -> EDASERVE -> Applications -> xebwbf(Application name)...
we dont see the .dat file....
we can see it in UNIX boxes but we could not view the file in Dev studio...
We have cut down access to UNIX boxes...
so a developer has to update the .dat file in DEV studio only...
here we cannot see that dat file...(to update) Red Face

Pls advice...
Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
If your problem is that desparate as to open another thread for exactly the same problem then I would advise you to raise a case with IB tech support.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We have the same problem in all the evnivronments.
We have not required to update the .dat file from Dev Studio in past six months..
Now we wanna do it and we dont see that dat file in any ENV.
Kindly advice for any solutions...
Else we will reach out IB Tech

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have 7.6.5 and a UNIX environment and I can see and open .dat files from Data Servers. Is everyone in your shop having the problem or just you? Is your file associations for .dat files set on your desktop to notepad?

If none of this helps you, I'd suggest that you open a case.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is your file associations for .dat files set on your desktop to notepad?
NO...

Not only me...none of us(Who are using dev studio)can see that dat file.
We can see the dat file for other application but for this one its missing

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I can see .dat files in the Applications > Other sub-folder on my AIX server. That's where I see .ftm files and anything else that does not fit in the HTML, Maintain, Master or Procedures folders.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did what genny have recomended...
Right-click on the project and select Properties. Go to the Filters tab and make sure that .dat files are in the list. If not, you can add the type.

To My Suprise...
We can see the Dat file in STG under
/stage/dataservers/EDASERVE/Applications/xebwbf/other...

But we cannot see that in INT and PRD...
The time stamp says its modifilef lastly on 12/3/2009 at 2.50 am...
Who come...
We did not see that part at all...
and If that change is due to GINNY's solution it should reflect in all the ENV ...
why only STG

pls advice

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
The filters are per Project, in the individual's Dev Studio Explorer - you have to perform this change on each PC and for every project.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Thanks for the above...
I did in the inddividual systems...

MY QUESTION is...
it got updated only in STG but not in PRD or INT

y so

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
If I understand correctly, you have three different ENVIRONMENTS: STG, PRD, INT.

The only location you can add filters to is in "Projects on environment-name".

But, you state "WebFOCUS Environments -> Stage -> Data Servers -> EDASERVE -> Applications -> xebwbf(Application name)... we dont see the .dat file....".

Adding the Filter to the Project will not solve the problem with .dat files not showing up in Application > Other folder.

So, are you using Projects or are you using WebFOCUS Environments > environment-name > Data Servers > EDASERVE > Applications > application-name > Other

???

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes we have 3 ENV...
I have added filter in projects on localhost...
I have asked the Developers to do the same..
so...
I have added the filter as mentioned above...
and I am looking under...
WebFOCUS Environments > environment-name > Data Servers > EDASERVE > Applications > application-name > Other
here in STG i can see the dat file now...
But cannot see it in PRD and INT...

I can understand its two different things...
But HOW COME all of a sudden we got the dat file only in STG....

On an other note...If thats the case...
How can we place the dat file in INT and PRD so that Devlopers can use from Dev studio...

Pls help...
Thanks in advance

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ginney,
I will ask the Unix admin to look under history of that unix box...
so that we can track...

Advice...

Thanks

Rocky Ramiriz

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think it has anything to do with the UNIX box and everything to do with the associations and possibly with the WebFOCUS client.

If you have 3 environments, are they all three different clients? If yes, I think you'll have to switch the project area to each one in turn to do the set up.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny, please correct me if I'm wrong, but "the set up" only needs to be done if you're using Projects. Rocky appears to be having a problem with server application folders.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
No the Dev studio is only 1..
Under which we have divisions for each environmet...

Fransis,
You are right.I am not worried on Projects on local host...
All i need is to see the Dat files in my folders
(ExampleRed Facethers-->.dat file)

Can we copy the .dat file from UNIX Boxes to Dev studio.
If yes How ???

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Unix
All output

Guru
posted Hide Post
What are the file permissions on the .dat files on the UNIX box? Make sure the Dev Studio UNIX userid has read permissions.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I *think* the files would show up in the Dev Studio Explorer window, regardless of the permissions. The permissions would only be verified when attempting to open the file.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
That is correct, Francis. If you are in Data Servers and your reporting server is on UNIX, then opening a folder shows you the files on the UNIX box. Most places have world read on almost everything but a few locked down files. You should be able to see almost everything but not be able to update all.

If it is just .dat files that Rocky can't see, it surely doesn't make any sense to me. I use .dat files all the time and never have a problem with 765. However, I did look at my past cases for 7.6 (yes, Francis, I keep a spreadsheet), and I did open one for 760 that wasn't fixed until 765 regarding Data Servers options for files such as .dat. The case was 21712098. It is possible that 764 doesn't have the fix.

Ginny

Guru
posted Hide Post
We have version 764. I have no problem seeing .dat files under Data servers from Dev Studio (all 5 servers are Unix).

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post