Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]WF 8 REStful Service

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]WF 8 REStful Service
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Anyone using REStful calls in Webfocus 8002M? I have it working in my DEV environment logging in and making a Report Caster call, but now I have moved on to test in my TEST environment where I have SiteMinder. I am using the Alternate Zone to bypass SiteMinder so I am coming in from an allowed IP address, but when I make the call I get ReturnCode=99. It’s basically telling me that I am not authenticated.

Our JAVA developers created a little app to execute that basically calls the REStful calls from a batch file that I can execute on my server. The strange thing is that if I am on my server, I can make the calls from a browser just fine, but when I run the app, I get the ReturnCode=99.

I don’t know if there are a lot of folks out there using this right now in V8, but I thought I would ask. I could ask the Java developers to incorporate the SMSession for SiteMinder, but I thought I could bypass that using the Alternate Zone.

I’m a rookie at these REStful calls so I am just learning all this myself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that celebrate that holiday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Have you run the signOn action?
What call are you making when you receive ReturnCode=99

When you say you can run the REST commands from the browser, have you run the REST signOn action from the browser or do you have a Window that is already logged onto WebFOCUS?

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I think it relates to how the Web Server is interpreting the URL. In my Dev environment I am going against Apache which works, but in my Test environment, I am bypassing Apache and going directly against the Weblogic Server.

It converts the question mark after “ibfs to a “%3F” which I have a sneaking suspicion that Weblogic doesn’t like. The ReturnCode=99 can be blindly leading. I worked with a few IBI folks last week and you can get the error code if the URL is not correct.

GET http://localhost:11131/ibi_app...=xxxx&IBIRS_password

I am asking my JAVA developer if he can somehow code for the ? to always make it a question mark in a sense.

I will let you know how it shakes out.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Matt,

I was researching how our area could use RESTful services to kick off a Caster schedule (trying to replace our use of DSTRUN) and came across your post as well as one that may provide your answer.

Do you have the license code setup in your test environment as mentioned in https://techsupport.informatio...m/sps/92462511.html?

David

David

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M (dev, test & prod); all output types

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, a license key is required to enable the security option.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
The JAVA developer parsed out the URL's a bit to make this work correctly. I do think it relates to how Apache and Weblogic accepted the URL.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Hi MattC or any one who solved this issue,

Can you please post your solution to the restfull service invocation issue which you faced early this year. I'm pacing similar problem but I'm not able find out what I'm doing wrong.

Appreciate your help!

Client Code:
HttpPost post = new HttpPost("http://XXXXXX/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/");
String valu="IBIRS_action=signOn&IBIRS_userName=XXXXX&IBIRS_password=XXXXX";
StringEntity input = new StringEntity(valu);
post.setEntity(input);
HttpResponse response = client.execute(post);

Response

I just started on this WF migration part just don't know where to go from here.

Thanks

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Most likely, there's something not right in the REST request.
Trace the signOn request in something like Fiddler.
And then Post the request in this thread.
Of course, put XXXXXX for the userName and Password

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Efrem:
Most likely, there's something not right in the REST request.
Trace the signOn request in something like Fiddler.
And then Post the request in this thread.
Of course, put XXXXXX for the userName and Password

Elfrem,

can you please share me the sample Rest request that I can refer to..

Yes I'm very amature at this since this is my first assignment for WF.

Thanks

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
URL419,
I think I found your issue.

Change:
quote:
HttpPost post = new HttpPost("http://XXXXXX/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/");

To:
quote:
HttpPost post = new HttpPost("http://XXXXXX/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs");

Basically, get rid of the forward slash after ibfs.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There are a few Sample REST Requests in the WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services Developers Guide.

posted Hide Post
still same...

returncode="99" returndesc="org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationCredentialsNotFoundException: An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext" subreturncode="0" subsystem="SSYS" type="simple"

WebFOCUS 8
Unix,html

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What's your development environment.

Having a Fiddler trace of the request would pinpoint the issue.