Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Communication Error (ICM18822)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Communication Error (ICM18822)
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,
We're having an error on a flow in data migrator where we get the error ICM18822, the log doesn't show anything, just the date, the log message "Submitted Successfully", and the APPNAME, REQUEST, JOB_ID.

Every other flow works.
To try to debug this I have deleted and recreated the synonyms, flow, and am only trying to bring over 1 column, the primary key. I still experience the same error. Frowner

Please help! I have no idea what to do!
Thanks, Shawna

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
WIN XP
Excel, PDF, HTML

Guru
posted Hide Post
Does the problem flow have a source on a remote server? If so can you sample data from that source?

Please review your edaprint.og from Workspace > Logs and Traces > Workspace logs for errors at the time you submitted the flow.

If that doesn't help please open a hottrack case and supply a savediag.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What is happening is the verb objects total we are trying to pass is over the limit our version of WF allows. Upgrading at this time would be difficult as we've tried in the past and installation has failed multiple times.

What this means is even if I push 1 data record through, the etl in data migrator will fail for this process, the # of columns (size) is just too big. Frowner

So next I made 2 source and 2 target views (virtual tables) and tried pushing those though data migrator but data migrator also doesn't allow you to make keys. The second flow failed due to this.

Now I'm going to make 2-3 source tables and 2-3 target tables and push those through, then write a proc to merge them all into 1 table - I don't want to do this as data integrity can fail miserably and we may be missing data in the final table and never know about it (or know about it too late) because the parent table will have to allow NULL fields. Meaning if Flow1 runs, Flow2 runs, and for whatever reason the daily Flow3 fails, the target master table (which is a mashup of all 3 tables) will be missing data. Even worse it will be very hard to resolve and identify which exact rows are affected when these events happen.

Unless I get another suggestion...

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
WIN XP
Excel, PDF, HTML

Guru
posted Hide Post
Shawna: In your original post you say that you get the same error even wit just one column. Now you are saying that the problem is that there are too many (or too large) columns. Could you clarify? It may be best to open a hottrack case and supply source and target synonyms and your DataMigrator flow.

Also are you saying that the installation of a DataMigrator 7.7.XX server fails? That's another problem and Hotline can surely help with that.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post