Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Resource Management - 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Resource Management - 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

I recently upgraded our development environment to WF 8.104. We've encountered a few hiccups along the way, this being one of them.
When I access the reporting server from WebFocus (Trusted Connection), and run Resource Management reports, all reports work. Problem is, whenever I click on one of the available hyperlinks/drilldowns in these reports, I get a 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. error.

If I login directly to the reporting server (Explicit Connection), everything works fine.

I'm using LDAP as my primary security provider, and other than the Resource Management reports, all seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts? Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.201M
Windows, Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would compare what groups you are registered as when connecting through a trusted connection versus an explicit connection. In WF8008, when logging in explicitly, my groups are based on my LDAP groups. When logging in through a Trusted Connection, my groups are based on the groups from the Client. Depending on how your rules are setup, this might have an impact...

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric,

You're absolutely correct, when I login explicitly I see my LDAP groups vs WF groups with the trusted connection.

With 8008 though (our production environment), this works fine. Our upgraded dev environment doesn't. I've opened a couple of cases recently regarding ldap configuration issues with the update, perhaps this was affected as well...

Not quite sure what changed or what needs to be done on my side to enable this functionality.

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Don't know either. I just thought I would mention that in case your adminstrator abilities are set by the recognized group. To that extent maybe the intitial request is using the LDAP group, where the drill passing back through the RS is recognizing the Group as it passed by the Web Client. Or maybe the reverse...

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Last update from the case I opened regarding this issue:

quote:
this is a known issue with the WebFOCUS 810x
client and has been fixed in the WebFOCUS 820x client that will be available
later this year.

FYI

WebFOCUS 8.201M