Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     removing status at bottom of report output?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
removing status at bottom of report output?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
one of our developers has a status bar (for lack of a better term) that comes up for every report she runs.

It says something like
0 number of records in table = 97 lines=97
(before total tests)
0 holding html file on pc disk ....
webfocus version 7.6.2 compiled and linked on blah blah blah...

Any idea on what setting may be making this come up for the reports she's creating but not for anyone else?

thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've only seen that when a report is set not to display but to be held as a file? Does the report display?

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
yes, the report is displayed.
it's like the bottom inch or so of the browser is set into another frame for the output.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
If she is running from Dev Studio, right next to the blue run diamond is a little black down arrow. I'll bet if you click that, she has Message Viewer turned on. You can change that to off.

However, this is a really neat new function which allows you to see row counts regardless of what your output format is. Another setting acts like ECHO. Now you don't have to code it in a program. You can toggle these settings on and off at your leisure.

I think this is very cool functionality, new in 76.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

Actually, it has been around a while longer than 76. It is introduced, I think, with release 710.
Few people know of it, but it is a pretty nice feature.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
thanks GinnyJakes!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It actually took me a while to discover this feature and now I leave it on all the time. People I work with ask me how to get that little "status bar" at the bottom. Smiler

We create a lot of PDF reports and it comes in very handy to be able to see the code (since there is no view source from the Adobe Reader window.)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
GamP,

We skipped 7.1 because of very serious WebSphere issues so didn't play with Dev Studio with that release very much. Thanks for the heads up.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post