Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] table fields title

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] table fields title
 Login/Join

posted
Hello!
I'm looking to build a table that has all fields sorted vertically and grouping some fields under one title, how is it going to group some fields in one title?
the report has to look like one group of fields under one title followed by an other group of fields in a different title, but all groups are sorted above each other (vertically)

this is the code for my fields:
TABLE FILE CALL_CENTER/CALL_STATS
SUM
CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.CRM_IN_PERSON_CALL WITHIN TABLE WITHIN CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.Month AS 'In Person' OVER
CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.CRM_EMAIL_REQUESTS WITHIN TABLE WITHIN CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.Month AS 'Email' OVER
CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.CRM_ONLINE_REQUESTS WITHIN TABLE WITHIN CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.Month AS 'Online'
ACROSS CALL_STATS.CALL_STATS.Month

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Badr.A,

WebFocus App Studio
V8201

Posts: 23 | Registered: September 18, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not sure to understand what you are requesting Badr

It's always a good idea to include a output sample format of what you are looking for.

As already mentioned, remember to ALWAYS use the tag code (last icon on the ribbon) when including code sample or output sample
</>

Sample of "Output sample format"
     Group 1      Group 2
     ------------ ------------
     abc  def ghj abc  def ghj
     ---  --- --- ---  --- ---
123    x    y   z   r    t   s
456    k    l   m   u    v   w

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Badr.A

In your example I see you have 3 fields grouped together with the OVER syntax but the labels must be displaying to the left of the data. Are these the 3 fields that you want a single title above them. I don't see a second group of fields in your example. Do you want a title for the Month field going across. Please clarify.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you Martin:
something like this:
<
Group 1 Title
--------------
Field 1
Field 2
Field 3

Group 2 Title
-------------
Field 4
Field 5
Field 6 />

my question how to make the group title

thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Not sure to understand what you are requesting Badr

It's always a good idea to include a output sample format of what you are looking for.

As already mentioned, remember to ALWAYS use the tag code (last icon on the ribbon) when including code sample or output sample
</>

Sample of "Output sample format"
     Group 1      Group 2
     ------------ ------------
     abc  def ghj abc  def ghj
     ---  --- --- ---  --- ---
123    x    y   z   r    t   s
456    k    l   m   u    v   w

WebFocus App Studio
V8201

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Badr,

You need to use the code tag button on the ribbon.
The button look like the following, then place your code and sample between the two tags that will be added to you post:
</>

The resulting code tag will be as follow
[code]
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS OVER
    RETAIL_COST OVER
	DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"<COUNTRY"
""
ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"this is the subfoot by country"
END

[/code]

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I want to give a title to these three fields, then I will add an other group fields with a title below them!

thank you

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Wolff:
Hi Badr.A

In your example I see you have 3 fields grouped together with the OVER syntax but the labels must be displaying to the left of the data. Are these the 3 fields that you want a single title above them. I don't see a second group of fields in your example. Do you want a title for the Month field going across. Please clarify.

WebFocus App Studio
V8201

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Badr.A

I am not aware of a way to display the data as you are wanting to stack them. You can put the two groupings side by side with the use of OVER and use the HEADING or SUBHEADING to display to column titles you want.

Something like this...

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST AS ''
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST AS '' OVER
CAR.BODY.SALES AS ''
CAR.BODY.SEATS AS ''
BY LOWEST CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
" <+0>Group 1<+0>Group 2<+0> <+0> "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
HEADALIGN=BODY,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
COLSPAN=1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=2,
COLSPAN=1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=3,
COLSPAN=1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=4,
COLSPAN=1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=5,
COLSPAN=1,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to hijack this thread

This is exactly what you're doing...

Not related to this thread, please open another one and delete that post from this one. You're creating confusion for future research.

In Focus since 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thank you Martin for :
quote:
RyanIPG13:
This is exactly what you're doing...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chuck Wolff:
Badr.A

I am not aware of a way to display the data as you are wanting to stack them. You can put the two groupings side by side with the use of OVER and use the HEADING or SUBHEADING to display to column titles you want.

thank you!

WebFocus App Studio
V8201

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Badr.A

In thinking about this a little more you could create a document with two separate reports referenced in it stacked on top of each other.