Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Is there a way to get the number of active InfoAssist users?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Is there a way to get the number of active InfoAssist users?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Is there a way to find out the number of users that have actually launched/used IA, is this information captured anywhere or would this require some sort of a custom setup?

Thanks,
Mika

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8

Posts: 3 | Location: Finland | Registered: March 14, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've never looked into this specific question but the link below might be helpful if you have Resource Analyzer installed.

https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/81792506.html

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC, this is very useful if RA is running. However, if it is not, would there be any other ways to find out IA users?

-Mika

WebFOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could try running the license_audit.bat which will give you a lot of details about your users including IA. The tool is in the ..\ibi\WebFOCUS81\utilities\mr and generates a report auditUserCounts.htm in the same location.

Search for license_audit.bat in the documentation for all the details. Unfortunately, it's not a usage report but better than nothing.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Mika,

Another option, if its recorded, is to check the edaprint log, if it contains the users connections.

A bit of a long shot though.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys, will have to check edaprint.log at some point.

Running the license_audit.bat gives you a lot of information about used licenses, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for. The same report can also be launched from the Administration Console -> Utilities -> License Management. There is a button at the bottom of the page, 'Run User Audit', that runs the same report.

Waz, I hope things are going well in Sydney, please say 'Hi' from me to our friends at the office Wink !

Thanks,
Mika

WebFOCUS 8

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We don't have Info Assist but I can see entries in the audit.log file when a user gains entry via App Studio. When they log in a message is generated which contains, amongst other things, the following; "signIn SUCCESS user:bob" and "userAgent:WFSCOM App Studio". However, I do not see similar log messages for users who gain access via Dev Studio or the main portal page itself. Who knows what you’ll see in the log, if anything, for Info Assist.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
please say 'Hi' from me to our friends at the office !

Will do.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mika:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, will have to check edaprint.log at some point.

Running the license_audit.bat gives you a lot of information about used licenses, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for. The same report can also be launched from the Administration Console -> Utilities -> License Management. There is a button at the bottom of the page, 'Run User Audit', that runs the same report.

Waz, I hope things are going well in Sydney, please say 'Hi' from me to our friends at the office Wink !

Thanks,
Mika

At Summit, Nesson showed off a master file description for the EDAPRINT. I don't if it ever got publically released, but I was under the impression that it was available if requested.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs