Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain : examples on how to implement ActiveX components

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain : examples on how to implement ActiveX components
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I want to use Active X components in maintain, but i dont find much documentation on how to implement them and use them

does anyone have a clear example on how i can use them?

Peter

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Incorporating ActiveX controls is documented quite well in the Developer Studio Online Help (search Index tab for “ActiveX controls”).

It details:
(1) How to Place an ActiveX Control on Your Form

(2) How to Add an ActiveX Control to Your Project as a Resource

(3) How to Pass the Value of an ActiveX Control Property to a Maintain Function

(4) An Example of passing an ActiveX Control Value to a Maintain Function

-----------------------------------------------

Here is an example of incorporating Microsoft's MonthView ActiveX Control to form.

1) Add ActiveX control (e.g. Microsoft MonthView Control 6.0 from c:\windows\system32\mscomct2.ocx) to form (named Form1).

2) Then in its DateClick or Click event, JavaScript handler, add the following JavaScript:

// Since the actual selected date value is "FRI Jun 9 11:00:00 EDT 2005"
// format. Only the actual month, day, and year are extracted then concatenated
// with forward slash.
var fulldate = document.Form1.MSComCtl22.value;
var selected_date = document.Form1.MSComCtl22.month + '/' + document.Form1.MSComCtl22.day + '/' + document.Form1.MSComCtl22.year;
// Pass date value into Maintain function, GetData
IWCTrigger("GetDate", selected_date);

3) Then add Maintain function, GetDate, to retrieve the selected date
Case GetDate
compute selected_date/mdyy = Form1.Triggervalue;
EndCase

Judy

Posts: 3 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: October 04, 2005Report This Post
<Mabel>
posted
Hi Pete,

I did a quick searcon and came up with some documents for the Active X.

Here's the link: Active X Documents

As always, you may contact Information Builders’ Customer Support Services for assistance at any time. The phone number is 1-800-736-6130, or you may access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.

Hope this helps.

Report This Post