Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Disabling BASIC web console signon?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Disabling BASIC web console signon?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have the security in the web console set to PTH and it lets anyone login to the web console with any username/password giving them a BASIC security level. The only thing it seems to let the user do is see procedures and even run them.

Is there a way to either hide the procedures or disable the anonymous signon?

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The answer may be in WebServer Console > Workspace > Configure > Access Control

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I think the Access Control only allows the different types of security modes to be set with the web console, in which case we have it set to PTH.

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the WebServer Console online documentation, the section on "Workspace Manager Configuration" seems to suggest that you can control what kind of user sees the Metadata and Procedures Page.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The only documentation I found allows for 3 user types:

Admininstrator
Server Admin
Server Operator

All 3 are allowed to view procedures. There is another user type which you cannot set and that is the Basic user type, which I think is associated with annoymous logins (any username/any password). And this is the usertype I need disabled. I can basially go into the web console and type "ASDF" as the username and it will still log the user on and let them see Procedures. I cannot find anything about it in the documentation about this though...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Workspace Manager Configuration

Access to the administrative features of the Web Console can be restricted by a list of users defined in server admin id. Users defined in the list may have Server or Application administration level. A Server Administrator has the ability to perform all the administrative tasks available through Web Console operations. If there is more than one Server Administrator defined, the first valid member of the list is used to impersonate FDS and other special services. An Application Administrator is limited to the administrative tasks that do not require changing configuration or restarting the server. All other users (basic users) can only use the Web Console tasks indicated as such in the following table.

Any IDs (beyond the original ID used to configure the server) that are used for server or application administration also require read/write privileges to the respective locations that the IDs are expected to manage. To do this, establish group rights for the locations at the operating system level. To view and run Resource Governor procedures, IDs must be at least at the Application Administrator level.

(Sorry about the poor display of the table below)

Web Console Task

Administration Level
Server AdministratorApplication AdministratorOperatorBasic user
Home PageYesYesYesYes
WorkspaceYesIn monitor mode onlyIn monitor mode onlyIn monitor mode only
Start and stop agents, terminate sessions and connectionsYesNoYesNo
Start and stop serverYesNoYesNo
Diagnostics PageYesDisplay tracing onlyDisplay tracing onlyDisplay tracing only
Version, Log off, Preferences and Help PagesYesYesYesYes
Data Adapters PageYesYes, except Add/Change/Remove connections parameters and Edit configuration filesNoNo
Remote Servers PageYesYes, except Add/Change/Remove connections parameters and Edit configuration filesNoNo
Metadata and Procedures PagesYesYes, except Configure Application PathNoNo
DataMigrator PageYesYes, except Configure Application PathNoNo
Create more Server or Application AdministratorsYesNoNoNo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Do you know which version of WF that chart is for?

If you look at the link:

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...ecurity8.htm#1062683

Which is for 7.1.x it lists the procedure page as "yes" for basic users.

Eric