Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     accomodating all fields in one page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
accomodating all fields in one page
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

In my report i have 14 fields to display.As the no. of fields are more my report display's only 10 fields and their data when i see the print-preview.So want to know how to accomodate all the fields in one page so that when printed using printer i get all the fields and their data displayed.Is there a way to reduce the individual cell width of data in the report.I have also set the SQUEEZE variable to ON.

Regards,
Aditya

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you creating a PDF file?
You can set your orientation=landscape
and paper=legal in the stylesheet

Use a smaller font
print each field in +1

See if that helps any! Good Luck!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
In a PDF report that is too wide, the first thing I change is the default LEFTGAP and RIGHTGAP, which I think are too large (as far as I know, the manual does not state what the default amount is):

TYPE=REPORT, LEFTGAP=0.05, RIGHTGAP=0.05, $

You can also wrap a very wide column:

TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=CUST_NMX, WRAP=2.0, $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
At one Site we used SUBHEAD with NOSPLIT and put the columns in the subheading. We also turned on the alignment grid to set each columns text and data width. The reports look very nice, using Bold and Background Colors.

Hope this helps

Scott

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am generating the reports in HTML.Setting WRAP is not solving the problem.

Regards,
Aditya

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Aditya,

Here are 2 possible solutions.
1. By changing some of the titles and using a smaller font you can make the report less wide. If that is not enough, in Print Preview you can setup the page to print LANDSCAPE
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT BODYTYPE SEATS AS 'S,E,A,T' DEALER_COST AS DC RETAIL_COST AS RC SALES AS SALE
BODYTYPE SEATS AS 'S,E,A,T' DEALER_COST AS DC RETAIL_COST AS RC SALES AS SALE
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

2. You can put the sort fields in a SUBHEAD
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT BODYTYPE SEATS DEALER_COST AS DC RETAIL_COST AS RC SALES AS SALE
BODYTYPE SEATS DEALER_COST AS DC RETAIL_COST AS RC SALES AS SALE
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR NOPRINT
BY MODEL NOPRINT
ON MODEL SUBHEAD
"Country<+0 Car<+0 Model"

"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBHEAD, HEADALIGN=INTERNAL, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Does this help?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Aditya,
There seems to be a problem with my note.
After the first line of the SUBHEAD I have
" caret COUNTRY caret CAR caret MODEL "
Apparently " caret finishes the note.
Then I have:
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBHEAD, HEADALIGN=INTERNAL, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Does this help?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny-SRL,

I am trying to reduce the font size and its working.I need to do minor modifications for the headers and trailers.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Aditya

Master
posted Hide Post
Another option is to increase the page size. I did this for one of my reports. PDF saw it as 11 X 17 but when I printed it I told the acrobat reader to print on 8.5 X 11 and it automaticlly reduced it for me.

Just an idea

Scott