Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SET STYLE = stylesheet feature in developers studio - webfocus v 7.1.4

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SET STYLE = stylesheet feature in developers studio - webfocus v 7.1.4
 Login/Join

posted
I created a default stylesheet file. I would like to a apply it to the entire focexec using SET STYLE = stylesheet feature (instead of using ON TABLE SET STYLE stylesheet - which works ok). Can someone help me use the SET STYLE = feature, or tell me I can't use it in our current environment? So far, SET STYLE = stylesheet is not working.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joe d,

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows
Output: Excel

Posts: 6 | Location: Cliffside Park, NJ | Registered: October 01, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Joe,

Where did you store your stylesheet file?
There are two things to keep in mind:
1. In DeveloperStudio you can allocata the default stylesheet using the Options window (selected from the Window menu item). This will copy the style that is in your stylesheet file into your focexec. Your stylesheet file should in this case reside in the DevStudio's bin directory.
2. If you do not use DevStudio or if you just want one styling for all tables in your fex (as you indicated) without having to add the style to each and every table request you can use the set style= command to do that. In that case your stylesheet file should reside in the server's home\bin or wfs\bin directory.

Hope this helps.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using DeveloperStudio. My style sheet is being copied into my focexec ok - but it applies the sheet in the table request, not for every table request in the focexec like the way I prefer it.

When I try a single SET STYLE command at the start of the focexec, I don't get a styled report. I do get a webfocus error message -

(FOC3204) STYLESHEET FILE NOT FOUND OR UNREADABLE: DEF3STYS FOCSTYLE

where DEF3STYS is my style sheet that is in the OTHER folder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joe d,

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows

Posts: 6 | Location: Cliffside Park, NJ | Registered: October 01, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Joe,

As stated before, if you use a default style sheet, it should reside in the devstudio's bin directory. Whenever you refer to this default style sheet DS will copy it into your request(s).

In your case however, that is not the way you want to use it.
You wish to set the stylesheet value at the beginning of the fex, and then have it applied to all requests in your fex.
For that to happen, you will have to precisely indicate where the server can find the style sheet. If it is not on the server's path, you'll get the message that you stumbled upon.
As long as you're staying in DevStudio and run your request from there, it should be sufficient to have the file in your app directory. If you planning to run it also outside of DevStudio, the file should be accessible using the server's app path.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. When I placed the style sheet in our app directory, it worked with the SET STYLE command at the start of the focexec.

WebFOCUS 7.1.3
Windows