Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Disble the Headers on each page of the report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Disble the Headers on each page of the report
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,
is it possible to disable the headers in each page.
i need headers on first page, i dont want to see the headers on all Pages.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
------------------------------------
WebFOCUS 7.1.4, Win XP SP2,
Oracle8i.

Posts: 155 | Location: Bangalore. | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you mean headers as in column headers? (i.e. titles).

If so then just change the LINES environmental setting to something much bigger than the number rows you are expecting, e.g. SET LINES=999999

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try using ON TABLE SUBHEAD.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RCOST DCOST
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
BY CAR
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"THIS IS A HEADING FOR THE FIRST PAGE ONLY"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

i used the SET LINE Property, here there is no page break but the header(titles of the report)is disbaled once i scroll the scroll bar.

please let me know how can i freeze my header part(titles).

thnaks,
Kalyan

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
Oracle8i.

Posts: 155 | Location: Bangalore. | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
check this link,

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...771036261#3771036261

Hope this helps,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kamesh.

guide me good book to learn WebFOCUS.

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
Oracle8i.

Master
posted Hide Post
Just take a look on the documentation in IBI site. That will be more helpful for you.

Creating reports with webfocus language

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I must offer a word of caution before you delve headlong in to the "locked column" css concept. I have actually been working with these recently. Yes, the locking column feature is very cool but are not cross-brwser capable.

I have a potentially very wide report (actully I have concatenated multiple accross reports side by side because of the sort limit (40) in focus but that is neither here nor there) that the users wanted the first column (the titles) to lock. The technique described by Merkey ...

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/bmerkey/examples/locked-column-csv.html

... does not work in Firefox. Its an IE 5+ only solution.

In my particular case, my users could potentally be using firefox so...

To create the scroll effect of frozen column titles I implemented the report in frames with column titles in a left frame and the report body in a scrollable right frame. The frame solution is a bit more clunky, code-wise, and I've been on client sites where frames were a "no-no" but here the client is ok with frames and this technique provided a cross-browser capable solution.

I'm just trying to save you some grief before you go too far with css trickery. Find out what browsers your users will have and whether those browsers support your particular css features you want to use before you invest too much effort.

-cDave