Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Enabling Popup Desc causes javascript error.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Enabling Popup Desc causes javascript error.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I have a procedure that includes several other procedures (*.fex). Each of these procedures shows data from different tables. I wanted to show tool tip for the columns in a table so i enabled popup desc and added descriptions to the master file. The pop up/tooltip works fine as long as I turn on the popup desc on only one of the included procedures. As soon as I turn it on, on a second included report I get a java script error on the html page that calls the procedure. Please advice.

Thanks,
Nam

Below is the code on the html page:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<BASE href=HTTP://localhost:8080>
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {
UpdateData();
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload

//Begin function button1_OnClick
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
//End function button1_OnClick
</SCRIPT>
<script for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16386" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<SPAN id=text1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 100px; WIDTH: 80px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px; HEIGHT: 10px" tabIndex=1>Record Loc</SPAN> 
<INPUT id=edit1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 200px; WIDTH: 100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" tabIndex=2 accept=0 name=RECORD_LOCATOR boundtovariable="1" datasource datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue operation="NONE" addalloption="0"> 
<INPUT language=java_script id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 330px; WIDTH: 40px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px; HEIGHT: 20px" onclick=button1_OnClick[this) tabIndex=3 type=button value=Go name=button1 requests_list="0"> 
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<script>	
<requests>		
<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="window" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="sample.fex" ibic_server="" activereport="0" reportcolumns="" ibiapp_app="pnrreports baseapp">			
<variables>				
<variable field="RECORD_LOCATOR" file="" desc="RECORD_LOCATOR" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="RECORD_LOCATOR" textvarname="" accept="0" type="unresolved" select="0" min="" max="" controltype="7" create="0"></variable></variables></request></requests></script>
</xml></BODY></HTML>

Below is the procedure code:

-INCLUDE reservation_details
-INCLUDE holder_details

both the procedures have popup desc turned on as below and the synonyms have the required descriptions.
ON TABLE SET POPUPDESC ON

Note: When popup is turned on only on one proc there is no problem. When it is enabled on both I see the below javascript error

'skn' is null or not an object

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 76
Windows Vista

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, this seems to be resolved in the other topic that Nam has: http://forums.informationbuild...971057331/m/10310792

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

I am still having this javascript error problem when POPUP DESC is enabled on more than one included report. The link that you included is for another problem. Or if you do have the right link to the solution please let me know.

Thanks,
Nam

WebFocus 76
Windows Vista

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Nam,

I passed this one internally and here is the response: The best suggestion here would be to open a case and upload the entire page and fexs causing the problem.

To open a case, you may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post