Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]webfocus html runs slow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]webfocus html runs slow
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I receive an occasional complaint about the speed of webfocus from all of our users. Some have claimed that it can take minutes to run a report that normally takes a few seconds.

I've noticed this too on occasion, it happens randomly it seems, the dashboard of html forms built on tabs will take minutes to load, but most of the time the task is completed in seconds at most.

Its not on the database server (an iSeries) because there's no contention issues against the query tables and views that we have built specifically for the reports. performance monitors also show the ibi user's queries taking the usual amount of time, milliseconds.

Where can we track this down on the webfocus server? Is this something that can be fixed, does it happen to others as well?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you give some background on concurrent usage and number of requests ... anything that would help identify where the server could be labouring?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
dhagen:
at most, 2-3 users at one time. The number of requests isn't massive.

I had 5 total users on it yesterday, and it was extremely slow for me around 3pm. Nobody else was using it at that time. We actually started to log user requests because of this issue about a month ago, I was surprised at how few folks are using it when it starts going slowly. Frowner

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, there goes my theories.

I think you are going to have to get help from NY, as there are way too many potential problem areas to address in this forum. If it is happening later in the day, I would usually start to look at network usage, AS400 usage, DB2 Client configuration, WFServer .... it goes on. I suspect that there might be a number of open connections in DB2, and the could be a delay in establishing a connection to the database (db2 client configuration). Especially with 762, there are a lot of configuration options for the WFS that can ensure very quick response. You just need to identify what the real constraint is.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Jason

Could try the webfocus feature that feeds you a page at a time.

One thing that does cause problems is antivirus software. Everytime you write a file antivirus kicks in and you do write files every browser request you make to the temporary cache.

Get process explorer and you will see this. I had a big problem with the communication layer trace and mcshield.

I think it tries to wait until the read is finished but will intervene after a certain time to do the virus checking and then you get a kind of deadlock that slows things down desparately.

What kind of anti-virus do you have? - ours is McShield.

Regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
Hey Jason
We are an iSeries shop as well and we have experienced similar issues. For us, we get the WF client spike out of control hogging up all the CPU. We actually got in a new box (525) and we are still having this issue. This is directly effecting the way the reports run, dashboard responses, etc. It even effects our other developers since it spikes to over 100% of CPU usage causing me to have to stop/start WF. Does it effect your box this way too?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are running several instances of WebFOCUS version 8.0.09 and on only one instance are we seeing this same issues. It is running two UNIX client servers and two UNIX report servers in this environment.

As a side note.. This matches three other environments that are not seeing the delay on HTML pages.
The reports respond correctly and in a timely fashion, it is just the HTML pages on these pair of servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 1 | Location: Kansas City, Mo | Registered: July 01, 2015Report This Post