Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Horizontal Linear Meter & Vertical Linear meter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Horizontal Linear Meter & Vertical Linear meter
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi Can anyone suggest me some solution on how to implement Horizontal Linear Meter and Vertical Linear Meter charts in WebFOCUS 7.6.2?

This should be implemented in my reports. I need them to be implemented urgently. I have found that those charts can be implemented using Chart Director http://www.advsofteng.com/gallery_pie.html

Can any one give me some idea on how do I generate these charts and use them in WebFOCUS reports. Or if they are directly available in webFocus please let me know.

I am more concerned on linear meter charts.

Thanks,
Srini M

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Srini,

Even though you have mentioned 7.6.2 in your post, it would be a good idea to update your signature as most other people have done already (see this topic).

As for Chart Director, see the extensive compiled help file supplied with the licensed version of Chart Director.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony ..Thanks much and I have updated the version details.

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Srini,

Well done on the signature update, you wouldn't believe the number of times main contributors to this Forum have asked people to do this simple task yet have, seemingly, been ignored. You will find that the responses are now more likely to be tailored to your set-up Smiler

With CD, the process of leveraging output is fairly straight forward but you have to understand how and where WF requires different output components to be to be able to -READ and -WRITE to them as well as pull them into the final output in what ever format it may be.

Even as straight forward as it may be, using CD with WF is still a little messy and not fully intuitive.

Good luck - you may need it

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post