Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Unable to click on Tabs in Object Inspector/Report Canvas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Unable to click on Tabs in Object Inspector/Report Canvas
 Login/Join

posted
This issue has been resolved but I thought I'd share with the Focal Point Community.

Issue:
After creating a new report in App Studio, the report design canvas loads and I can navigate the Object Inspector's Table/Field list ('Fields' tab is selected by default) and add the fields to the report. The Report designer canvas defaults to the 'Report' tab (below the 'Object Inspector' set of tabs). All good.

However, I am not able to click on the other tabs displayed within the Object Inspector ('Columns', 'Properties', 'Sort Groups') nor any of the Report's tables ('Source', 'Images', 'Matrix').

Both sets of tabs ('Report' tabs and 'Object Inspector' tabs) were accessible briefly one day but not prior to that time nor after that brief period.

The issue exists no matter which login I use (logged into App Studio/WebFOCUS as a Administrator or as Developer logins) but it doesn't appear to make any difference in the Tabs' functionality/accessibility).

I am running an HP EliteBook Folio 9480m laptop connected to a ViewSonic external monitor.
Client: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 and accessing WebFOCUS and App Studio Release 8.1.04 (8104).

Troubleshooting:
It was believed that the client environment may have become corrupted, so we uninstalled and re-installed App Studio on my laptop. After the re-install, the tabs appeared to be accessible again so the remote session was closed and I returned to my workstation (I was in a private office for the troubleshooting/re-install session).

I confirmed that App Studio Tabs were still accessible after returning to my workstation, then moved App Studio to my external monitor screen (a larger screen). The Tabs were then locked again! Sadly, a different set of tabs were disabled (the 'Fields' tab was not accessible anymore which made it even harder to work.)

Research:
I confirmed that the enabling/disabling of the tabs was due to the external monitor configuration.

I don't think the monitor manufacturer or model or drivers makes a difference but for reference my external monitor was a ViewSonic monitor Model VS15560 connected to my laptop video SVGA port.

(The tabs were likely enabled briefly when I had App Studio running on my laptop's monitor (99.9% of the time I have AS open on my external monitor).)

Display Configuration Scenarios:
I figured I'd run through a couple scenarios since Windows allows for arranging the main monitor (laptop screen in my case) and the external monitor in Left/Right (with the main display on left, external on right), Right/Left, Top/Bottom and Bottom/Top display configurations when App Studio is running on either screen.

Below are the Laptop/External Monitor configuration scenarios I tested running App Studio on.
In each scenario below, the 'main' (laptop) screen location is listed first and the external monitor listed second.

• Top/Bottom: App Studio (AS) Tabs were enabled when running on either display.
  • Bottom/Top: AS Tabs were enabled when running on the bottom monitor but AS Tabs were disabled when running on the upper monitor*.
  • Left/Right: AS Tabs were enabled when running on either display.
  • Right/Left: AS Tabs were accessible when running on the right monitor but Tabs were NOT accessible (disabled) when running on the left monitor.

*You could even have AS straddle/split across both bottom/top monitors (having top of AS window on upper monitor and AS Tabs displayed on the lower monitor) and the tabs would be enabled.

Solution:
Net result: App Studio's Object Inspector Tab functionality (enabled/disabled) appears to be determined on the orientation (top/bottom and left/right) of the host machine's display and external monitor's display and which screen App Studio is running on.

IBI Technical Support has confirmed this behavior within their environment and logged with their product team.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs