Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Coordinated Compount Report - How to do Relative Positioning.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Coordinated Compount Report - How to do Relative Positioning.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
By way of background I have a requirement to do a ReportCaster BURST distribution of a group of reports.

We've used ReportCaster to BURST a single report, this is the first time we are needing to send a group of reports, to a particular email address.

My understanding is that we need to use a Coordinated Compound report to do this.

This is my first encounter with Coordinated Compound reports.

The following models my code:
SET PAGE-NUM=OFF

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT DHTML

SECTION=S1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
 PAGELAYOUT=1, $
  COMPONENT=Sales, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1 1), DIMENSION=(4 4), $
  COMPONENT=Units, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1 4), DIMENSION=(4 4), $
END

SET COMPONENT=Sales
 TABLE FILE GGSALES
 "Sales report for <REGION"
 " "
 SUM DOLLARS/F8M
 BY REGION NOPRINT
 BY ST
 BY CITY
 ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT PDF
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  TYPE=REPORT, FONT=HELVETICA, COLOR=RED, SQUEEZE=ON, $
 END

SET COMPONENT=Units
 TABLE FILE GGSALES
 "Number of unit sales per product for <REGION"
 " "
 SUM CNT.UNITS AS 'Number of units sold'
 BY REGION NOPRINT
 BY PRODUCT
 ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT PDF
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  TYPE=REPORT, FONT=HELVETICA, COLOR=BLUE, SQUEEZE=ON, $
 END
COMPOUND END  

And renders like this:

My question is how to get the second report (Number of units) to position relative to the first report (Sales).

Currently I am setting the position yAxis to '4' for the second report, but in reality, I won't know how long the first report is, i.e., it could list three states one time and fifty the next.

Can I set the second report relative to the first?

(I guess I can do some pre-processing like: calculate the number rows in the first report, do some math to estimate the size, set a variable equal to the size estimate, then make the yAxis value a amper variable, in place of the '4'. And I am thinking there is a better way to set a relative position, that I am not seeing.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Master
posted Hide Post
Read a little further in the 'Creating Reports' manual and found 'RELATIVE*' parms.

So, I think I should be all set.

SET PAGE-NUM=ON

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT DHTML

SECTION=S1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
 PAGELAYOUT=1, $
  COMPONENT=Sales, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1 1), DIMENSION=(* *), $
  COMPONENT=Units, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1 +.25), DIMENSION=(* *), RELATIVE-TO='Sales',
   RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT, $
END

SET COMPONENT=Sales
 TABLE FILE GGSALES
 "Sales report for <REGION"
 " "
 SUM DOLLARS/F8M
 BY REGION NOPRINT
 BY ST
 BY CITY
 ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT PDF
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *