Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] AHTML format too slow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] AHTML format too slow
 Login/Join

<Kev>
posted
Hi,

I'm generating a report (having 10K rows) using AHTML that takes close to 8 mins, while generating the same report in other formats (Excel/HTML) takes less than 30 secs. Can any one explain why this happens, and solution(s) for it?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kev,

AHTML has to write all of the data to the displayed page. Try reducing the number of rows selected as a test and see if the performance improves.

Also could you please update your profile signature with your product suite, release, and platform? Thanks. It makes it easier to help you out if we have that information.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
Ginny,

I tried reducing it to 500 and 3K rows, and it takes less than 40 secs both times, so I guess with increase in number of records from that point on, it goes off exponential.
So what do I do now?

Thanks!

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
See this...

http://forums.informationbuild...?r=31110736#31110736

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
Thanks, Rick!

Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
I tried to Active Cache option by setting CACHELINES to 1000 and LINES-PER-PAGE to 200 - but didn't help. Anything I might have missed?

Thanks

Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
Hello,

As I mentioned earlier, I tried setting
CACHELINES to 1000
AND
LINES-PER-PAGE to 200
but it still takes forever to load.
Am I missing anything here?
FYI: Number of records are 10000.

Thanks!

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you click on the link RickW provided? The answers/ Active reports "LIMITATIONS" are there..

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
Hi Tom,
Yes, I did, and in that post itself someone recommended trying Active Cache Option. So I looked in the Documentation, and it says:
"To create answer sets in excess of 5,000 records, the Active Cache option enables you to send only the first page of Active Report output to the browser and retrieve subsequent pages from a temporary cache on the WebFOCUS Reporting Server."
So I tried using it as in my post above, but to no avail. So my question is am I not using it right?

Thanks!

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you set the WEBVIEWER??? Also, please review the TIP at the bottom of the page...

Active Reports Cache

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
<Kev>
posted
Hi Tom,

Yes, I did. I've
SET LINES = 100
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 1000
Does this look alright?

Thanks!

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kev,

Yes, your code is correct.

Active reports has limitations. It is built as a stand-alone application. Here is documentation:

Using an HTML Active Report

If it is not functioning the way you feel it should, open a case with IBI.

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe