Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     tiles and hold file = Error Parsing Master File

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
tiles and hold file = Error Parsing Master File
 Login/Join

posted
When I create a report and setup tiles, the report runs fine. If I then output that report to a hold file and run it, it still works fine and tells me how many lines were output to the help file. However, if I then try to do something else in the procedure viewer, I get the follow error:

Error Parsing MASTER File X (0)

where X is whatever master file I was trying to work with. This happens no matter whether I try to create a report, a join, a graph, etc.

The code to reproduce this is:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
     CAR
     MODEL
BY HIGHEST SALES IN-GROUPS-OF 3 TILES  AS 'THIRDS'
ON TABLE HOLD
END

After entering that code, try creating a new report off the hold file.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug? Is there a good work around?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ron,

Unless you issue an
APP HOLD FOLDERNAME
prior to the request, the file and master are deleted.

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ron,

quote:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
BY HIGHEST SALES IN-GROUPS-OF 3 TILES AS 'THIRDS'
ON TABLE HOLD
END

There is no problem working off the HOLD file using the editor. With the viewer there is a problem.
Add after the END ?FF HOLD. You will see that there are 2 SALES fields generated in the MASTER. This is due to the TILES option. You should ask IBI how to overcome this problem in the viewer.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I didn't know about the ?FF command.

I imagine that extra SALES is a hidden column used by the TILE column. I tried using SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY and the extra column disappeared from the hold file, but that still didn't fix the GUI problem.

Master
posted Hide Post
Think this is down to FML which TILES+ in groups of invokes producing a blank entry in the MFD for the field against alias E02

-CMD TYPE HOLD.MAS

to see this.

You're probably going to have to bite the bullet and use the text editor to produce this request...or at least switch off the in-groups replace it with another by and then work with the final result to re-instate the in-groups of.

Such is life...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post