Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] ? FILEDEF Return Code

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] ? FILEDEF Return Code
 Login/Join

posted
I am on a Unix box. I have a detail to summary drilldown. The first time thru I do an
APP HOLD temp
FILEDEF HOLD_SOLD DISK /home/iadmin/ibi/apps/temp/hold_sold.fmt
FILEDEF HOLDMAST DISK /home/iadmin/ibi/apps/temp/hold_sold.mas
When I call the Summary Report I want to write to a file so when it calls the Detail again the HOLD file is already built. Problem is how do I do a ? Filedef each time to see if it exsist, what's the Return varialbe I can examine so I know whether to Jump over the Filedef or -READ it when the HOLD file exsist already. The Summary will write an amper so I know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Unix
HTLM

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles California | Registered: February 06, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Search this forum for FOCAPPQ. That'll allow you to query you files using a regular TABLE FILE request; after that, a simple view at &LINES will tell you if the file is there or not.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could also attempt to -READ from the file and evaluate &IORETURN right after; it'll tell you whether or not an error was found.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Look into "Foccache: Persistent Directory for Caching Files" in the Summary of New Features Version 7 Release 6.5 document.

quote:
When you want to be able to reuse data within the same browser session, you can store
the data in the form of a HOLD, SAVE, or SAVEB file in the foccache directory, which is
automatically created when the connection to the server is established. This becomes the
first directory in the application path.
As long as the browser session remains active, the stored files remain in the foccache
directory and can be referenced in requests using standard two part names. For example,
the first request below creates a HOLD file in foccache, which is referenced by the second
request:

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can use STATE to test for the existance of a file.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post