Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Going from Horizontal Column heads to Veritcal Row Heads

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Going from Horizontal Column heads to Veritcal Row Heads
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to essentially turn a basic tabluar report 90 degrees on its side so that the column names originally found horizontally across the top of a standard report now run veritically down the left side of a report.

Ex: what in a standard report is

NAME ADDRESS SSN
bob 123 main 1234...

Needs to be

NAME bob
ADDRESS 123 main
SSN 1234...

I am using the GUI Developer Studio, as my Webfocus language skill are lacking, so if there is a way to do it through the GUI, that would be most helpful. If not, shoot me what you've got and I will figure out how to use it.
I hope the spacing worked out OK on the question.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Prod\Dev Webfocus 7.6.2
MRE Reports

Expert
posted Hide Post
RJ,

Use OVER:

TABLE FILE FN
SUM
NAME OVER
ADDRESS OVER
SSN OVER
BY KEY_FIELD SKIP-LINE WHATEVER...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rich,
Use OVER:
Click on each field
Click on Options
Click on General
Click on OVER

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rich,
Just a thought. Did you have the following in mind:
This is tabular.

NAME    ADDRESS      SSN
bob     123 main     1234...
jane    456 state    789
mary    765 grove    012

And you would want to see.

NAME       bob           jane         mary
ADDRESS    123 main      456 state    765 grove
SSN        1234          789          012

If that is the case, it becomes more complicated, but feasible.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely Done Gentlemen!

I appreciate both the Webfocus language and GUI advice. As my supply of Tylenol is running low, I think I will go with the GUI option.
Danny - basically, I am only dealing with two result 'columns' (header is one, data is the other) as my query should only return one row. Its a tax form values listing (agi, tax_paid, tax_owed,etc) by year - one year only. Will probably be tasked with kicking the secondary taxpayer info out to the side (name and address type stuff), but will cross that bridge when I get there.
The OVER deal works like a charm guys - thanks.
Happy Trails

RJ

Prod\Dev Webfocus 7.6.2
MRE Reports