Focal Point
(Closed) Total Count difference between user in excel

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3907084286

May 23, 2016, 09:35 AM
Dev
(Closed) Total Count difference between user in excel
Hi,

We are using xlsx compound report format, x number of user's are accessing the report through portal.

Most of the user's are getting the exact result/count(ex:20) in the report. few user's are not getting proper count(ex:21).

Cross-verified in DB level - getting exact count 20 via the query, but we don't know why we are getting +/- 1 or more through WebFOCUS !!
(Count logic - If condition eq satisfied then 1 else 0)

Could any one please help...

Is this because of cache files?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dev,

8202, 8105M, 7.7.03
May 23, 2016, 10:38 AM
MattC
It's possibly a cache issue. I would look at your Admin Console > Client Settings > Expire Options. The default is set to 300. Try changing it to 1 and clear the admin console cache.

I know if we ever had an error exporting a report to Excel or PDF, when this option was set at 300, we would get the same result until we closed the browser and tried again.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
June 07, 2016, 06:37 AM
Dev
Thanks for your update Mattc Smiler

We tried in our IE browser itself.
Internet Options -> General -> Settings -> Temporary Internet files ->
enable Automatically (normally it will be in automatic sometimes due to software update it might change in to Every time I visit the webpage.

This works good right now, so we are following this.

Even I tried to change the automatic to first option, am not getting any wrong counts in excel !

8202, 8105M, 7.7.03