Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Maintain and Javascript

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Maintain and Javascript
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to figure out a way not to drop out the inline Javascript when moving the Maintain source code from the mainframe data server to the Maintain project folder. What currently happens is that while the Javascript is referenced in the Project Explorer, it is flagged as in error. The fix is to redrop the Javascript onto the form, however I would like to avoid this step just because I pulled the code from the Data Server. A screenshot appears below. Any suggestions?

Ideally, I would be able to download the complete set of Maintain code (case statements, form including inline Javascript), make a change, and then move them back up to the Data Server without redropping each javascript on the the forms.

The error also appears indicating the script was dropped, even though it is still inline on the data server version:

As follows, you can see the javascript is still inline on the data server version of the Maintain code:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe Elliott,

WebFOCUS 7.x (outdated v5 in prod and migrating to version 7.6 in test) VM Windows 2003 server / Windows XP client & MVS z/OS deployed environment
All output

Posts: 18 | Location: Columbus, OH or England | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Joe
Is the check_EmpNo_name.js file physically in the project directory? The reason you would see that red question mark is that the MDE cannot find that file. Please try placing it in the project. You should not have to re-drop it back onto the form.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, the Javascript only exists inline on the Maintain form. Does this mean I should keep a separate copy of each Javascript in the project folder?

It seems redundant to have a copy of the Javascript embedded in the full copy of the Maintain code and then a separate file with just the Javascript.

WebFOCUS 7.x (outdated v5 in prod and migrating to version 7.6 in test) VM Windows 2003 server / Windows XP client & MVS z/OS deployed environment
All output

Posts: 18 | Location: Columbus, OH or England | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Joe
You could try removing the JS file from the project, but I am not sure if that is going to work. Just referencing it in the Maintain procedure may require a copy of it in the folder as well.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response Mark. It seems that since you can't deploy .js files to the data server (which would be redundant to the inline scripts) when you deploy Maintain files, then you have to keep a copy of each Javascript file (.js) on the distributed side. This creates an issue with code versioning since I would have to use a separate tool on the distributed side than what I use on the data server (Changeman). I'll try adding all the scripts to the project folder, however I was hoping to keep just the code that is changing in the project folder.

All output

posted Hide Post
Capying all the the Javascripts from the old project folder to the new project folder seemed to help, but this means I have to copy all 40-50 scripts every time I create a project folder and none of the scripts are stored with the other code on the data server, which adds to
complexity for source code versioning.

Something wierd happens when I open up the script file below, it opens up a different script file. The other scripts on other forms open up properly, so not sure why right clicking on this script opens up a script with a different name.

Here is a snapshot of the Maintain screen after copying EVERY independent script to the project folder:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe Elliott,

All output

posted Hide Post
After turning the issue over to the IBI Support Desk, the conclusion was pretty much the same on the first issue in that you have to carry ALL of the individual Javascripts from one project folder to another. The correction was to delete the Javascript reference and then embed it again into the form. A somewhat annoying solution, since the scripts are duplicated inline in the Maintain file however I can see why IBI did it that way.

The second issue (where the editor pops up a different Javascript than what was right clicked on in the navigation tree) was resolved through a series of e-mails and phone calls. The conclusion was this was a known bug that happens sometimes when you upgrade your Maintain code from an older version to v7. While I may have to fix these as I find them in the upgraded code, it should not be an issue moving forward.

As a reference point, the case number for the IBI support was: #71572548 (internal: 000221212)

All output