Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Solved: Date representation in french in report Painter heading

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Solved: Date representation in french in report Painter heading
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

Does someone can resolve this date representation? Please see my efforts!

I want to show in the exl2k output report painter, the date representation in french as follow in a title(heading):

--> Janvier 2010

Below all errors I got with date manipulation:

-SET LEADZERO = ON;
 -SET &MTH       = 01292010 /1000000;
 -SET &MYY       = (1 * 10000) + 2010 + X;    where 1 is &MTH and X is there to stuck the report

-SET &FFDATEMYY  = DATETRAN (&YYMD, '(MYY)', '(TR)', 'FR', 15, 'A15');
 output: "SEPTEMBRE @911 
RÉEL(R) 
ACTUEL"

-SET &DATECVT   = DATECVT (20100129, 'I8YYMD', 'MYY');
 -SET &TEST = 1309 + X;   where 1309 is &DATECVT and X is there to stuck the report

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to show in the exl2k output report painter, the date representation in french as follow in a title(heading):

--> Janvier 2010

Try this:

-SET &FFDATEMYY  = LCWORD2(15, DATETRAN (DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'MYY'),'(MYY)', '(tr)', 'FR', 15, 'A15'), 'A15');
-TYPE &FFDATEMYY

You should get:

Janvier 2010

Regards,
- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Neftali but LCWORD2 is not found. Please see the error message.

-SET &FFDATEMYY  = LCWORD2(15, DATETRAN (DATECVT(20100129, 'I8YYMD', 'MYY'),'(MYY)', '(tr)', 'FR', 15, 'A15'), 'A15');
 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE      5  IN PROCEDURE mrheaderFOCEXEC *
 (FOC263) EXTERNAL FUNCTION OR LOAD MODULE NOT FOUND: LCWORD2

Marikaki

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Per documentation:

quote:
Available Languages : reporting, Maintain

The LCWORD2 function converts the letters in a character string to mixed-case by converting every alphanumeric character to lowercase except the first letter of each new word. LCWORD2 leaves any character after a single quotation mark as upper case, except that when there is at least one non-blank character before the quote and just one character followed by either the end of the string or a space immediately after the quote, the next letter is converted to lowercase For example, 'O’CONNOR' would be changed to 'O’Connor,' and JACK'S would be changed to Jack's.<-- This is irrelevant to your case

I am not able to determine why the function is not available in your environment but it is not that important anyway. I'm using it there to give you "Janvier" with initial uppercase since the
(tr)
parameter in DATETRAN returns the month as it is normally used in French (that is, lowercase).

Just stick to the basic date formatting:

-SET &FFDATEMYY  = DATETRAN (DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'MYY'),'(MYY)', '(tr)', 'FR', 15, 'A15');
-TYPE &FFDATEMYY
--> janvier 2010

And play a little bit with other functions (EDIT, UPCASE) in order to convert the first character into uppercase and that should do it.

Best,
- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
-SET &FFDATEMYY = LCWORD(15, DATETRAN (DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'MYY'),'(MYY)', '(tr)', 'FR', 15, 'A15'), 'A15');
-TYPE &FFDATEMYY

LCWORD works fine...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I'm not yet done with this issue because I did have to correct wrong data on my report prior to that and I am almost done. I supposed that tomorrow I will be able to continue with the french title. Thank you.

I apologize.

Marikaki

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm done with the french title. It works fine now. Thank you to everyone.

Is there a way to flag this event as closed?

Marikaki

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes there is.
Go back to your very first post in this thread, and edit it.
Then you'll be able to change the title and add [solved] or something like that to it.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Solved.

I used the LCWORD combined with DATERAN AND DATECVT.

Thank you.

Marikaki