Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Active Report for PDF Column Width

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Active Report for PDF Column Width
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to WebFOCUS so I may be missing something obvious here. I'm generating a very simple report. One of the columns is a string value which in this case has 23 characters and 3 words. When I generate the report as PDF, the width of this column is big enough so that I can see the full data. When I generate the report as APDF, the column width is only wide enough to see the first 17 characters. I can drag the column over in the APDF to see the full data, but this is not ideal.

How do I generate an APDF report where the width of the columns match what is generated when doing a PDF report?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.6
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Focal Point!

We implemented a project beginning with WebFOCUS release 7.7.05M and up whereby the default column width is now applied for formats APDF and FLEX.

If upgrading isn't currently an option for you, there is a work around. You can extended the column title of the field in question using AS. The ASNAME can have additional blanks to force the width of the column to be extended. You must use SET SHOWBLANKS=ON to see these additional blanks reflected in the report output.

SET SHOWBLANKS=ON
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR AS 'Longcar    ' MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT APDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,SQUEEZE=OFF,GRID=OFF,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the SHOWBALNKS=ON and AS method.

I just realized that my signature is incorrect - we're running version 8.0.0.6. Should the project you referenced be in this version? I'll have to check the default column width for the field. Is there a way to get a column to expand so that its width is as wide as the longest data in that column? The data in this column can vary by a decent amount.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.6
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Chris,

I'll look into your questions.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Chris,

I've done some research on your questions but need to do more. Could you please open a case for this on InfoResponse Online and mention this topic and direct it to me? I'll keep an eye out for it as well. We can come back and add the specifics to the topic once we know more.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post