Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Caster Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Caster Question
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello,
Can anyone tell me what the latest Report Caster version is out there? We are currently on 7.7.3 for both WEBFOCUS and Report Caster, but are thinking of upgrading to WEBFOCUS 8.

I'm also looking for what SQL Server versions are supported by our current RC version (7.7.3) and what versions are supported by the most recent version.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well Winnie, The Latest version of RC may not be relevent unless you can use it in your current release. There were some good RC presentations at Summit which showed what's available in WF8... And it's looking better then 7.x...

See if you can open This Presentation.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Doug! I guess I'm not clear on the anwer about what SQL Server versions are supported both by 7.7.3 and 8 versions...

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3

Expert
posted Hide Post
To the best of my knowledge, the following is true about RC: If you can run the report directly (from within Dev Studio or a dashboard, then it should run fine via RC ~ regardless of SQL Server Versions. You may want to talk with your account IB rep if you still have concerns about SQL Server Versions and WF8.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Winnie,

If you're upgrading to WF8, then you must upgrade to the same version of ReportCaster.
One big difference in WebFOCUS 8 is that there now is only one repository i.e. for both "MRE" and ReportCaster.

There are utilities that you will use to migrate your current ReportCaster repository to the new WebFOCUS 8 repository.

As per the installation guide: You can use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008. To use SQL Server, the appropriate SQL Server
JDBC driver must be on the machine or machines that run the WebFOCUS Client and the
ReportCaster Distribution Server. The driver varies depending on whether you use 2005
or 2008 (sqljdbc.jar or sqljdbc4.jar). You can download and install the specific driver from
the Microsoft website.

(I have installed MS SQL Server 2012 and seem to be running along fine for testing purposes.)

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Doug and Twanette...we are going to be installing MS SQL Server 2012 on our current version of ReportCaster and eventually switching to the latest version of both WEBFOCUS and ReportCaster.

Winnie

Webfocus 7.7.3