Focal Point
Limit on Calendar Controls?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4181088331

August 09, 2005, 10:17 PM
tglaser
Limit on Calendar Controls?
I'm building an app that uses 4 calendar controls on a user interface (built with Resource Layout) to pass 4 discrete dates to report queries. This is a 5.3.4 app with the built-in calendar controls. When 2 controls are used, the app runs fine on the server. When 3 controls are used, execution of the fex transfers to the local pc (4 controls, same thing, the tipping point appears to be 3). This is a head-scratcher for me. Looks like there is a limit on how many calendar controls are supported. Anybody else encountered this? I can build text boxes to capture the input but ...
August 10, 2005, 04:08 PM
tglaser
This issue replicates using the CASHFLOW sample data and a case has been opened with IBI.
August 16, 2005, 06:52 PM
tglaser
Inability to support more than 2 calendar controls on a single form is a "known issue" with Developer Studio 532 and 533. Supposed to be fixed with 534.
August 29, 2005, 10:01 PM
tglaser
Using more than 2 calendar controls on a single htm form is only supported when the client and reporting server WF versions are at 5.3.4, and Dev Studio 5.3.4 is used (though I wouldn't guarantee DS 534 is a valid requirement). The functionality of using more than 2 calendar controls was not available until our mid-tier was upgraded. The symptom is an IE session that runs without end.

One may hope this functionality is retained with higher versions of WF, as well.