Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Full path link in SET JSURL not working:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Full path link in SET JSURL not working:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey all,

So, we recently migrated/copied over some content from a 7.x environment to our 8.x environment. Within our code I switched out all links that referenced content now under the Content area in 8.x, including SET JSURL links.

The links now look like:

SET JSURL=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Warehouse/Hidden_Content/js/pagerefresh10.js

For some reason, these links aren't working.

Does anyone here know why they might not be given the replacement code above?

Does something more/less need to be done to correct this link or get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
According to the doc for JSURL, "Files must be in a location that is accessible by the web server". I gather this means an approot folder on the web server. I would open a case with Tech Support. I would also try creating a simple fex using the GUI and try to add a JSURL via pointing-and-clicking to see if the GUI can navigate to the Repository.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You could try using the servlet call to get the script library.

/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&IBFS_path=/WFC/Repository/Warehouse/Hidden_Content/js/pagerefresh10.js

Can't remember if it works though

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks for your reply/post. I tried copying over the .js file to the baseapp folder and then reference it as SET JSURL=IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/baseapp/pagerefresh10.js but that didn’t work (not sure if I correctly referenced that or not).
I then tried copying it to \\newServerName\d$\ibi\WebFOCUS81\ibi_html\pagerefresh10.js and reference it as /ibi_html/pagerefresh10.js (similar to where it was in the old environment: \\oldServerName\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html), but not sure if that reference is correct or not. Didn’t get it to work that way either. Am I getting my references correct? Or am I borking them?

Waz,

Tried your method, but it doesn't work. It auto-prompts for &IBFS_path. I then humor it and enter in the path and get a blank screen. Thanks though for the thought.

Expert
posted Hide Post
An example JSURL that works for me:

ON TABLE SET JSURL '/approot/baseapp/myAccordion.js'

Th file must be located on the web server. If you have a single tier environment, then your WebFOCUS files and WebFOCUS code are most likely located in the same sub folder under ibi/apps. If you have a multi-tier environment, then the file must be located on the web server in a subfolder under the folder designated as approot. I haven't used the ibi_html folder in over a decade so cannot say if it still works.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks!! That works!! I really appreciate your help!

Finally! After loads of attempts, it works! lol

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&IBFS_path=/WFC/Repository/Warehouse/Hidden_Content/js/pagerefresh10.js

If you use this, you need to use a pipe to stop the &??? from being evaluated.

/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&|IBFS_path=/WFC/Repository/Warehouse/Hidden_Content/js/pagerefresh10.js

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz!

Will try that possibly here in a bit. Good to know!