Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FML LABEL IN DRILLDOWN function !!!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FML LABEL IN DRILLDOWN function !!!
 Login/Join

<msam>
posted
Hi All,
I have a FML report with RECAP calculations and it has a LABEL called "SUBTTL". Is there a way to pass the FML LABEL in the drill function as I need to do a drilldown for this report.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Regards,
MSAM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I believe that you use the label.

have you tried SUBTTL ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<msam>
posted
Waz,
I did that ..but it is not passing the value..
doesnt work..

Regards,
MSAM

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I created one in DS and it didn't work, even though it was pointing to the right row and column.

You may have to put in a case with IBI, or perhaps someone else has done a drilldown from a recap.

Another option may be to use a javascript call, but that probably would be messy

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When Drilldown is performed on an FML Report, LABELS are never used in the Drilldown.
Only the actual values that you actually define in the Drilldown (Parameters).

For Example:

RECAP EUROPE(1)=R1 + R2 + R3 + R4;
AS 'Total Europe'

The Label EUROPE will NOT be passed to the Drilldown report.

In this example, I'm using the CAR file and drilling down on the COUNTRY field.

Therefore, 'Total Europe' will be passed as the value in the Drilldown report.

If you supply additional information on what you're trying to accomplish,
I'll be able to give you some alternatives.

- Are you just interested on passing the values contained in your FOR field which make up the sum of other FML lines?

- Do you want to pass the actual values calculated in the RECAP statement to the Drilldown report?

Once I understand what you're trying to do I would be able to further help you.

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the FMLFOR function? FMLFOR Function

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FMLFOR will give you the actual TAG Values for the drilldown.
In this case a RECAP statement is being used.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The FMLFOR might be able to handle some of your requirements as Dan has mentioned. I don't think it will handle a RECAP as you might need.
It would help to know the exact requirements.

Below is documentation on how the FMLFOR works along with other FML functions:

Syntax: How to Retain FOR Values in a Request
Note: these commands are allowable only as a compute and do not appear in the drop down list of functions

FMLFOR(‘Ann’)
Returns the FOR value associated with each row in an report. If the row was generated as a sum of data records using the OR phrase, FMLFOR will only return the first FOR value specified in the list of values. If the OR phrase was generated by an Hierarchy ADD command, FMLFOR returns the FOR value associated with the parent specified in the ADD command the FOR value associated with each row in an report

FMLCAP (‘Ann’)
Returns the CAPTION value associated with each row in an report

FMLLIST (‘Ann’)
Returns the FOR statement associated with each row in an report. Appropriate If the row was generated as a sum of data records using the OR phrase.

Ann
Alphanumeric
Is the length of the field that contains the result, or the format of the output value enclosed in single quotation marks. FMLLIST may be up to 4095 bytes.