Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Document Composer Compound Report for multiple Customers

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Document Composer Compound Report for multiple Customers
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I created a report in document composer that contains report and graphs. I need the report to page-break on Customer id. The reports display for each separate customer, but the graph does not. A co-worker suggested that I put MERGE=ON. Turning MERGE on still did not work. How can I get the reports and graphs to display for each customer on separate pages? Pasted below is a portion of the graph request. In the paste below, I need the report and graph to generate for each CBURST value.

GRAPH FILE HOLDFILE
SUM COMPUTE AVG_SVGS/D20CM = SAVINGS_GROUP_NEGTTN / NEGOTIATION_BILLS; AS ''
BY CBURST PAGE-BREAK REPAGE NOPRINT
BY TITLE_NAME NOPRINT
BY RPT_CUST_NAME NOPRINT
BY RPRT_YRMON NOPRINT
BY MTH_NAME NOPRINT
BY RPT_PERIOD AS ''

Windows 7
WF 8007

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output

Master
posted Hide Post
This should be handled with data security. One single report, based on a user login/group, the data pulled will be specific to only them. It's not something that is handled within the reports themselves.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Michele,

Probably a bug, a simple co-ordinated compound report with common sort field doesn't work for me too either.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I have an analagous situation where I need to "burst" an EXL07 (xlsx) spreadsheet according to sales rep. Bursting EXL07 isn't available with ReportCaster so I worked around it by using a loop plus EDAMAIL.

My process works by first creating a small hold file with the names and e-mail address of the sales reps for whom data is available in the current month. The report then enters the loop where the sales rep. name is read from the hold file sequentially and an individual report is created for the given name. After the report is created EDAMAIL takes over and sends it. ReportCaster is still used to schedule the report, but the Distribution Server is bypassed for the delivery.

Obviously this is less efficient than creating a report once and bursting it to a distribution list as is possible with some of the other formats, but it does work.

In your situation you would get a separate report for each customer, rather than customers on separate pages of the same report, so this may not work for you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Michelle,

I created this using the Composer. Is this what you are trying to acheive?

*-HOLD_SOURCE
-* File compound_test
SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='prop_with_names^Margins_Left=0.5^Margins_Top=0.5^Margins_Right=0.5^Margins_Bottom=0.5^thumbnailscale=4', MERGE=ON, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='graph1', TEXT='graph1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.625 0.833), DIMENSION=(7.188 2.917), COMPONENT-TYPE=GRAPH,  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 7.188in; HEIGHT: 2.917in; TOP: 0.833in; LEFT: 0.625in', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.625 4.167), DIMENSION=(7.188 3.021),  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='Z-INDEX: 2; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 7.188in; HEIGHT: 3.021in; TOP: 4.167in; LEFT: 0.625in', $
END
SET COMPONENT='graph1'
-*component_type graph
-*IA_GRAPH_BEGIN
-*Do not delete or modify the comments below
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#0$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
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#1$RVdfRElNUzwvRW50cnk+CiAgICAgICAgPC9Qcm9wZXJ0eT4KICAgICAgICA8UHJvcGVydHkgbmFtZT0iZW5hYmxlUHJldmlldyIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLkJvb2xlYW4iPnRydWU8L1Byb3BlcnR5PgogICAgPC9PYmplY3Q+CjwvUm9vdD4K
-*Do not delete or modify the comments above
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
GRAPH FILE CAR
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM SALES
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT GIF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 1
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-*IA_GRAPH_FINISH
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
     CAR.BODY.SALES
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
     CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY  LOWEST CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
COMPOUND END 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Eric.. can you please notify me what you did in graph?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Master
posted Hide Post
Rifaz,

I'm not sure what you're asking me. I used the composer to build the example above using the Car file. Everything was done with the GUI.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Well... What I tried
1.Report with COUNTRY as a BY field
2.Graph with COUNTRY as a BY field
3.Set to ON Co ordinate compound properties

Graph displays on page 5, which shouldn't.

I meant to ask, did you just create the graph in GUI or modify the code once you created in IA. I will see your GUI created code meanwhile.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Master
posted Hide Post
I did everything within the Composer.

I Followed the following steps

• I right cliked inside Page Layout 1
  • Selected New Graph and drew my graph area
  • Right Clicked the graph and selected New Graph (Developed studio now uses IA instead of the advanced Graph Assistant for Graphing)
  • Selected CAR metadata
  • Changed file type to GIF (I'm not sure how JSChatrts work with PDF output, haven't tried that yet.
  • Added Country to Multi-Graph, Car to X-Axis and Sales to Measure
  • Saved and Exited
  • Right Clicked, selected New Report, and drew report area
  • Right Clicked the report and selected new Report
  • Selected Car metadata
  • Dragged Country and Car onto report, turned them in by fields
  • Dragged Sales onto reported, made it a sum field
  • Saved and exited
  • Selected Compound Document from the Properties Drop Down
  • Changed Coordinate Report to "ON"
  • Saved report

Thats it. This is the basics of the Composer (its been known as many different names over the years). If this isn't producing a coordinated report correctly, then it might be something you need to open a case for. Or it might be worthwhile taking a course from IBI on this. This is about as basic as the Composer gets.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Check this link.

http://forums.informationbuild...647067476#6647067476

Windows, All Formats

Posts: 184 | Registered: December 27, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric, I exactly mentioned the same repro steps in brief, believe me it doesn't work. I will check with IBI.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Guru
posted Hide Post
Eric, I must admit, I're wrong and I missed the multi-graph part. Roll Eyes Apologies for dragging this long to understand.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Master
posted Hide Post
No problem Rifaz.

To be honest, I've always hated using the Composer. Maybe it comes from back in 7.1.4 (I think it was 7.1.4, that was a long time ago now...) where it would crash constantly. Its more stable now then it was then, but it still feels buggy to me. I find the syntax can be rather confusing too, and sometimes it feels like if I hand code something it doesn't work as well as when I use the GUI. Again that might just be a by product of my experiences with it from 7.1.4.

I'm glad you were able to identify what was different between your test and my example.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2