Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] (FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] (FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

We have upgraded my WF 7703 to 8104.
I am getting the (FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING error when i am trying to run the reports through RUN mode but the same report is working fine through deferred mode. Please suggest and Thanks in advance!
Below is the exact error message

09/01/2015 11:32:05.304 E  (FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING  ERROR WRITING HLDPPV2, PAGE 524238, ...
09/01/2015 11:32:05.304 E  ERROR WRITING HLDPPV2, PAGE 524238, CODE 0xfffffffd, tscomid=1719, pid=19163: 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8104/7703/769/764, Windows 7, Oracle 11g, DB2, QAD

Posts: 49 | Location: Chennai | Registered: May 20, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
PAGE 524238

Apparently you're doing HOLD AS HLDPPV2 FORMAT FOCUS. You've exceeded a 2gb limit (524238 pages * 4k/page).

Analyze whether a simple HOLD will serve your needs.

If you need to index some columns(s) in the result, see whether you can cut out some columns, so as to fit more row instances on a page.

Try format XFOCUS - it can store data more efficiently due to larger page size, and I believe has larger file-size limits.

And a multi-segment result, achieved by using a multi-verb request, can conserve file-storage space.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack,
Thanks for your quick reply!
Unfortunately FOCUS & XFOCUS formats not working in my report though the hold file size is less than 1gb. Its is giving error like below in front end but the request is running at the server end.
Are there any settings to change the hold limit? Please suggest and thanks in advance!

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at you@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Am I correct that you are holding in format focus, with "INDEX" clause?

Hard to advise you sight-unseen. If you can forward the fex code, and the input and output (hold) masters, maybe I can help you along.

-Jack

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack,
Thanks for your reply!
I have raised case to IBI because master files will work only my network though i sent my program to you.
Thanks!