Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Webfocus Upgrade - from 4.3 to 5.3

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Webfocus Upgrade - from 4.3 to 5.3
 Login/Join

posted
I upgraded wefocus focexecs from 4.3 to 5.3 and the following query was throwing the error
"An error has been detected during server to client data transfer.
ERROR: -12: Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException"

TABLE FILE ITEMMAST
PRINT ITEMNO
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
END
-RUN

In the above statement, the table belongs to IMS database. I am getting this problem only with ims database tables. Others are working fine.

Do i have to
1) make any change in their master files?
2) should i SET IMS = OLD ?
3) should i SET MASTER = OLD ?

Please advice me.

Thanks!
Sheeba

Posts: 6 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since you do not have any selection criteria, have you tried READLIMIT?

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Leah,

This is the exact code.

TABLE FILE MSX0501D
PRINT REQNNO
PRINT PODATE ORIGORDVALU AND COMPUTE
ANSPOSUFX/A1 =EDIT(NSPOSUFX);
PONUMBER/A10 =REQNNO|ANSPOSUFX|NSBUYRCODE;
VENDORCODE/A6 =EDIT(VNDRNO);
BY REQNNO
BY NSPOSUFX
BY NSBUYRCODE
WHERE REQNNO EQ '&REQNO';
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 200
ON TABLE HOLD AS NSPOCTHD
END
-RUN

Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I tried a couple scenareos against our DB2 data and no failure, I wonder if using where and readlimit against IMS does something. Usually I've seen recordlimit when making a selection, and readlimit when just wanting some records. We had some strange java socket exceptions and sometimes just rearranging the code a little helps. Some times it seems it's hit or miss. The run will get it once, try it again and it doesn't fail. Are you using report caster or just interactive?

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Leah,

I am not using report caster. It is interactive.
I tried using recordlimit since the query is of selection type. But still it didn't work.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
At this point the only thing I can think is to have the admin check your access files to ensure they are in the right place. 5.4 puts things differently than 4.3.6 did.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

posted Hide Post
Leah,

Thankyou so much!
Sure I will do that.

posted Hide Post
Leah,

In our case, ims databases are accessed through XMI server in BMP mode , so the problem is in the PSB, the dsname was pointing to the older library.

Its fixed now.

Cheers,
Sheeba

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glad it's fixed and I learned something new.