Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ibiValidate Documentation

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ibiValidate Documentation
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Where does this documentation exists - I see people postings on this but do not see where I can find this in IBI documentation. I did a search on this and came up with nothing.

I want to be able to create a HTML form with date boxes and have the ibiValidate validate these dates.

What other routines are available for HTML forms?

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP

<JG>
posted
quote:
ibiValidate

From what I can find the only documentation are 2 slides that were presented
at the 2008 Summit they relate to maintain

Maintain: New Enhancements IBIValidate

Let Maintain validate your input field
Three levels of validation:
0 – No (Default)
1 – Yes
2 – Required
If left at 0, no validation occurs
If set to 1, entered data must be in the correct format
If set to 2, data must be entered and in the correct format

The only other useful information regarding its use in WF is in the following post

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/7311082762

See the part by Bob Jude Ferrante.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I saw that documentation but i'm really looking for where IBI has it documentated. According to what I read these functions are being used in PMF so they should be documentated and there might be several other IBI functions that might be very useful to the WebFOCUS programmer.

So please let me know what documentation this can be found in - or is the documentation for IBI only (this should never be the case).

Giving WebFOCUS programmers these functions greatly enhances your product.

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP

<JG>
posted
Jay,

I work for the company and the item is not documented except for above.

I would raise a case with IBI support

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The following is the best I can come up with. I worked with some very good people from the New York education staff to get this far, so they deserve most of the credit.

Before you start, you must use a HTML FORM for the validation process to work. I have never been able to get this to work without one.

1) After you build the HTML page, you must edit it manually and add the 3rd argument to the following:
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls, "mntFormValidate");

This is suppose to add all the necessary JS files required for the ibiValidate to work.

2) Add the following method to the window_onload function:
mntFormValidateOnloadFunc();

This will initialize the validate process.

3) Add the 'ibiValidation="1"' attribute and value to the INPUT objects you wish to validate, and ensure the ibiformat attribute is set to the appropriate format.

4) Now this is important: Once the ibiValiate does it's thing, it will never validate the ok'd object for the remainder of the screens history. So, if you may run a form more then once, add the
function call to the onSubmit event of the form (between the OnExecute and the return false). This will ensure that a potential second, third, etc. execution of the form will re-validate the INPUT object.

Sample Fex:
-* File z_ibiValidate_test.fex
-DEFAULT &COUNTRY = 'FOC_NONE'
-DEFAULT &SALES = 'FOC_NONE'
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
     DEALER_COST
     RETAIL_COST
     SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
BY BODYTYPE
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY';
WHERE TOTAL SALES GE &SALES;
END

Sample HTML:
<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META id=UTF-8 http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "764";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls, "mntFormValidate");
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {
UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
 </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="false">    
<IFRAME id=iframe1 style="Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 225px; WIDTH: 820px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 15px; HEIGHT: 605px" tabIndex=6 name=iframe1 HEIGHTOLD="605" WIDTHOLD="820" autoExecute="False"></IFRAME>
<FORM id=form2 style="Z-INDEX: 7; LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 208px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 10px; HEIGHT: 105px" tabIndex=7 name=form2 
onsubmit="OnExecute(this);mntFormValidateOnloadFunc();return false;" method=post requests_list="0" 
form_dist_between_desc_and_input="10" form_hor_dist_between_controls="10" vert_dist_between_controls="10" 
form_number_of_columns="4" form_number_of_visible_rows="4" form_prompt_location="1" default_slider_type="4" fexlist_list="form2">
<INPUT id=form2Submit style="Z-INDEX: 8; LEFT: 5px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/run16.gif); WIDTH: 38px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 78px; HEIGHT: 22px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lavender" tabIndex=8 type=submit value=" " name=ITEM1>
<INPUT id=form2Reset style="Z-INDEX: 9; LEFT: 48px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/reset.gif); WIDTH: 38px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 78px; HEIGHT: 22px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lavender" tabIndex=9 type=reset value=" " name=reset1>
<FIELDSET id=form2_formbodyid style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; Z-INDEX: 10; LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 198px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 5px; HEIGHT: 73px; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" tabIndex=10 formbody="1" tempwidth="198" tempheight="73">
<SPAN id=pane1 style="Z-INDEX: 11; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 95px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 51px" tabIndex=11 elementtype="32" name="COUNTRY">COUNTRY
<INPUT id=edit1 style="Z-INDEX: 12; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 95px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 29px; HEIGHT: 22px" tabIndex=12 hspace=0 maxLength=10 accept=0 size=10 value=FOC_NONE name=COUNTRY dfformat="A10" ibiformat="A10" displayfield="COUNTRY" datafield="COUNTRY" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" selectedvalue="FOC_NONE" datasource boundtovariable="1" requiredfield="1460386" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" defaultlocation="29,0,51,95"></SPAN>
<SPAN id=pane2 style="Z-INDEX: 13; LEFT: 105px; WIDTH: 71px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 51px" tabIndex=13 elementtype="32" name="SALES">SALES
<INPUT id=edit2 style="Z-INDEX: 14; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 71px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 29px; HEIGHT: 22px" tabIndex=14 hspace=0 
maxLength=10 accept=0 size=6 value=FOC_NONE name=SALES dfformat="I6" ibiformat="I6" displayfield="SALES" datafield="SALES" addalloption="0" 
operation="NONE" selectedvalue="FOC_NONE" datasource boundtovariable="1" requiredfield="1460386" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" defaultlocation="29,0,51,71" ibivalidation="1"></SPAN>
</FIELDSET>
</FORM>
<INPUT id=layoutinfo style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden inputcontrolids="edit1;edit2">
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=baseapp name=ibiapp_app>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<script>

<requests>

<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="iframe1" ibif_ex="z_ibivalidate_test.fex" 
ibic_server="EDASERVE" activereport="0" reportcolumns="" ibiapp_app="baseapp">

<variables>

<variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" displayfield="COUNTRY" format="" field="COUNTRY" file="car.mas" desc="COUNTRY" datatype="0" operation="" default="FOC_NONE" name="COUNTRY" textvarname="" accept="0" type="default" select="0" min="" max="" controltype="7" create="1"></variable>

<variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" displayfield="SALES" format="" field="SALES" file="car.mas" desc="SALES" datatype="0" operation="" default="FOC_NONE" name="SALES" textvarname="" accept="0" type="default" select="0" min="" max="" controltype="7" create="1"></variable></variables></request></requests></script>
</xml></BODY>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_loader type=text/javascript>
doBeforeLoad();
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Good Luck

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post