Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Entire HTML text with embedded URL in Excel becomes the URL link

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Entire HTML text with embedded URL in Excel becomes the URL link
 Login/Join

posted
I'm using WebFocus v7.7.02m. I have an Excel report with an embedded URL inside a text (HTML) field. The output shows all the HTML text in the cell as highlighted in blue and underlined. The entire cell becomes the URL. The URL code does not display in the cell as it does in PDF. In PDF, I can click on the URL code. I need to do this in EXCEL.

Here is an example of the HTML text with the URL:
use your name and job title for internal
publications.href="http://usbank.com">US Bankwe welcome your publication.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

posted Hide Post
Hi Dennis,

I think excel will not support the Embedded links like for HTML and PDF reports. (with FOCEXEC command)

I am not very sure Smiler.

Harikrishna.V,
Bangalore.

Posts: 8 | Location: BANGALORE, INDIA. | Registered: October 25, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is a sample fex with hyperlinks that work in HTML, PDF and Excel. This works because I build the URL in the stylesheet drilldown:

-* File fpdennis1
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
WHEELS
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY,
URL=http://www.google.ca# ( \
q=COUNTRY), TARGET=_BLANK, $

ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

If this is not what you're looking for, please provide some sample code we can play around with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis

This URL is hidden in the text that is a format of A250. The URL changes with each record. There is no "exclusive" URL that is associated with this text field. The entire text cell in excel is getting highlighted and underlined as if the entire text in the cell is the URL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
You require a cell with only part of the data contained within anchor tags? I don't think you can even do this in Excel 2010. I selected one word from a multi-word data value in one cell - the Insert Hyperlink gets greyed out. Select the whole cell and Insert Hyperlink is available.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post