Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Parameter through HTMLFORM to fex

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Parameter through HTMLFORM to fex
 Login/Join

posted
**** All,

Single HTML form calls 4 focexecs. All 4 Focexecs displayed in one HTMLFORM. Out of 4 focexecs, One Focexec has the drill down option. This parameter has to be passed to the next HTMLFORM which again has 4 reports(Focexecs) embeded(in one HTMLFORM). I am not able to pass the parameter to Focexec from the second(Child) HTMLFORM. All the four focexecs in the second HTMLFORM shows WF default parameter page, when I drill down from the parent HTMLFORM.

Please let me know how to pass the parameter to all 4 focexecs.

Thanks for all the help.

Preetham

Guru
posted Hide Post
Suggestion,

Maybe if you can recreate similar issue with CAR file and post the focexec's and the FORM, someone can help you out.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
we had to fake out the program. I wanted to drill to a report that showed a report at the top and 4 graphs below. What I did with the help of the Australian IBI Help Desk was to create an HTML doc that called all 5 reports passing in the parm of sales rep. It took forever for us to figure this all out. Hope this helps more than just you! The fex's that are called are regular fex's expecting a parm of salesrep. See below for example of what I did. If you need more info please e-mail me.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
< !---* Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
< !---*-----------------------------------
< !---* Program: comvsac.fex
< !---* Desc: committed vs actual numbers driver program with 4 graphs
< !---* Date: 8/13/2006
< !---* Author: Jenny Majors
< !---*-------------------------------------->

<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";
var ibilangtrans="ibilangtrans";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,ibilangtrans,olap,olappanebase,olapdrill,multidrill);

<script id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript>
<script id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript>
<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);
<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){}

HtmlPage<BR>
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>

<iframe id=iframe1 style="Z-INDEX: -1; LEFT: 1px; WIDTH: 220px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 425px; HEIGHT: 175px" tabIndex=2 name=iframe1 frameBorder=no autoExecute="True" requests_list="1">

<iframe id=iframe2 style="Z-INDEX: -2; LEFT: 220px; WIDTH: 220px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 425px; HEIGHT: 175px" tabIndex=3 name=iframe2 frameBorder=no autoExecute="True" requests_list="2">

<iframe id=iframe3 style="Z-INDEX: -3; LEFT: 430px; WIDTH: 220px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 425px; HEIGHT: 175px" tabIndex=4 name=iframe3 frameBorder=no autoExecute="True" requests_list="3">

<iframe id=iframe4 style="Z-INDEX: -4; LEFT: 645px; WIDTH: 220px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 425px; HEIGHT: 175px" tabIndex=5 name=iframe4 frameBorder=no autoExecute="True" requests_list="4">

<iframe id=iframe5 style="Z-INDEX: -5; LEFT: 1px; WIDTH: 950px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -45px; HEIGHT: 450px" tabIndex=6 name=iframe5 frameBorder=no autoExecute="True" requests_list="5">

default="" name="SLSREP" accept="" type="" select="0" controltype="7">

-HTMLFORM END

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Posts: 67 | Location: Marceline, Missouri | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
OK about half of the code showed up here. If you want this code and some help e-mail me at jenny.majors@walsworth.com and I will help you out. It was a frustrating battle to get this to work but it can be done.

Jen
WF7.1.4
Win/nt/win2003
HTML/PDF/Excel2000

Posts: 67 | Location: Marceline, Missouri | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JennyM,

If you put your code between

[code] 
[/code]

tags, your code will display correctly. Just to be sure, also check the "Disable HTML" check-box in the Otions area of the 'Post a Reply' window.

Cheers.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post