Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error while using multi verb(SUM,PRINT) with OVER command

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error while using multi verb(SUM,PRINT) with OVER command
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have to create a report in form display style along with 2 fields in tabular format(multiple rows for 2 fields and all other columns value will be only one )

The report will look like,

--------------------------------------------
Heading1 company name
Heading2 Report Name
Heading3 Project Number
Heading4 Page No.
--------------------------------------------
Project Data
============
(Form display with SUM verb and OVER command)

Start Date : 01/01/2001
End Data : 12/12/2004

Project Team
=============
(Tabular display with PRINT verb)

Project Manager : Johney Joseph
Client Contact : Jaison
Security Rep : Dizusa
Real Estate Mgr : Karthik

Footing xxxxxxx
---------------------------------------

I have used the OVER to the columns other than project Data. The project data is actually coming from only 2 fields as "Position" and "Name" in database. More clearly , the 4 positions and 4 names in the above example are coming as the data of 2 columns in the table, as "position" and "name" against the inputed project number (WHERE). To achieve this tried to use SUM command to the columns other than Project Data and PRINT command to the position and Name (Project Data). But if I use OVER command for SUM along with the PRINT , I am getting the error "WEBFOCUS request statement with more than one verb" . Is there any other method I can solve the issue?

Attaching my sample code,

SET CENT-ZERO = ON
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
SET NODATA = ' ';
-SET &ECHO=ALL ;
SET CSSURL=http://ddgdmk6.fmr.com:51000/approot/dg_code/csty.css
-DEFAULT &P_PRG_NUM='12543'
-DEFAULT &FMT ='HTML'
DEFINE FILE PROJ
 PROJDATA/A30 = '';
END
TABLE FILE PROJ
SUM
PROJDATA AS 'Project Data ' OVER
STATUS AS 'Status' OVER
START_DATE AS 'Start Date' OVER
COMPLETION_DATE AS 'End Date' OVER
PROJDATA AS 'Project Team' OVER
PRINT
POSITION AS ' '
NAME AS ' '
HEADING
"XXXXX Company"
"Project Report"
"Project Number 12543" 
WHERE PROJECT_NUMBER EQ '&P_PRG_NUM';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL

STYLES .......

Thanks and regards,
Johney Joseph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF

<JG>
posted
Sorry it's not possible to use OVER any where other than the last
part of a multi-verb request. (basic restriction)

For what you are doing though all you need is a subhead

DEFINE FILE PROJ
PROJDATA/A30 = '';
END
TABLE FILE PROJ
PRINT
POSITION AS ' '
NAME AS ' '
BY PROJECT_NUMBER NOPRINT
ON PROJECT_NUMBER SUBHEAD
"Project Data "Status "Start Date "End Date "Project Team HEADING
"XXXXX Company"