Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Cannot get HEXBYT to work in PDF [SOLVED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Cannot get HEXBYT to work in PDF [SOLVED]
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to create the registered trademark symbol (R with circle around it) in a PDF using HEXBYT and it will not work for me. Below is some sample code using the CAR file.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR.COMP.CAR NOPRINT
CAR.CARREC.MODEL NOPRINT
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(174, 'A1'); NOPRINT
HEADING
"Car name
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,OBJECT=TEXT,SIZE=8,COLOR=RGB(79 85 89),STYLE=NORMAL,FONT='ARIAL',$
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,OBJECT=FIELD,ITEM=1,SIZE=8,COLOR=RGB(79 85 89),STYLE=BOLD,FONT='ARIAL',$

ENDSTYLE
END

Not sure why it's not posting correctly above, but in the HEADING after "Car name" there is also a less than sign (<) with REGMARK after it and then the ending quote.

Here is a screen shot of what the output looks like.

Screenshot: Car name Þ

Instead of the trademark it is displaying that funny symbol after Car name.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why HEXBYT(174, 'A1') isn't working correctly?

Thanks!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BethB,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
This will be very much related to the font you are using for PDF.

The R symbol may not be at char 174.

Not sure if it is posted in the forum, but I built a simple PDF report for all chars from 32 up to 255 I think.

If its posted in the forum, run it against your ARIAL font and see what comes out.

I don't think I have access to it anymore, though

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz!! I couldn't find your PDF example, but created my own and found the correct number. You are brilliant as always. Smiler

Thanks,
Beth.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Beth,

Perhaps you could post the code of your one.

May even make it into the tips and techniques.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh, and FYI, please add [SOLVED] or [CLOSED] to the title of your first post in this thread.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info...this is the first time I've posted anything.

I ran the code below and found the correct value I was looking for. On a side note, it did not match any of the ASCII charts I had looked at.

Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR.COMP.CAR NOPRINT
CAR.CARREC.MODEL NOPRINT
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(165, 'A1'); AS '165'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(166, 'A1'); AS '166'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(167, 'A1'); AS '167'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(168, 'A1'); AS '168'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(169, 'A1'); AS '169'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(170, 'A1'); AS '170'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(171, 'A1'); AS '171'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(172, 'A1'); AS '172'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(173, 'A1'); AS '173'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(174, 'A1'); AS '174'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(175, 'A1'); AS '175'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(176, 'A1'); AS '176'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(177, 'A1'); AS '177'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(178, 'A1'); AS '178'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(179, 'A1'); AS '179'
COMPUTE REGMARK/A1 = HEXBYT(180, 'A1'); AS '180'

HEADING
"HEXBYT VALUES"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,OBJECT=TEXT,SIZE=8,COLOR=RGB(79 85 89),STYLE=NORMAL,FONT='ARIAL',$
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,OBJECT=FIELD,ITEM=1,SIZE=8,COLOR=RGB(79 85 89),STYLE=BOLD,FONT='ARIAL',$

ENDSTYLE
END

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using the MacGuyver file FSEQ, this does the trick:

-* File pdfhex.fex
TABLE FILE FSEQ
PRINT ORDER AS DEC
COMPUTE HEX/A1=HEXBYT(ORDER,'A1');
WHERE ORDER FROM 32 TO 255;
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=ON, FONT=ARIAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post