Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] BOTSCHED Table Columns - Details needed.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] BOTSCHED Table Columns - Details needed.
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the description or value code significance of these 3 columns present in the BOTSCHED Table.

LISTTYPE
DISTLIST
METHOD_CODE

We need to show the access list for which the report is scheduled, in that last page of every report. How to get those info on RUNTIME of a schedule in RC ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ram, I don't recall those details but I'm confident they are explained in the product's documentation.

Search DN# 4501008.0511 (ReportCaster Administration) at IBI's technical documentation web site. There is a "ReportCaster Repository Tables and Reports" section which may be of your interest.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
DISTLIST

Hi njsden,

Thank you for your inputs. I downloaded the PDF and searched. It is having the overview description of the Repository tables, where in not at the column level.

My only thing that needs to be confirmed, If the user schedules a report using Rport Library access list. will the Access List name gets inserted into the DISTLIST column of the BOTSCHED table ? If so what will be it's corresponding LISTTYPE ? Else DISTLIST is only for the Mail Distribution list?

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't know those details. Do you have a Dev environment where you could create a distribution list and a schedule? You could then easily connect to the database where the ReportCaster repository sits and query those tables. I'm sure you will be able to figure out what those values mean as soon as you see them.

Sorry I'm not able to provide more detailed info at this moment.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Master
posted Hide Post
LISTTYPE In ReportCaster, equates to 'Configuration' tab, 'Type' drop-down (Distribution Information section). This controls how the distribution list will be handled, as a single email address or as an internally defined distribution list.

DISTLIST In ReportCaster, equates to 'Configuration' tab, 'To' field when the 'Type' drop-down is set to 'Distribution List'. The values here refer to a groups defined in 'BotDest'. For GUI administration, use Tools > Address Book.

METHOD_CODE In ReportCaster, equates to 'Distribution' tab, 'Distribute Reports by' drop-down. This controls how the job will treat it's output. Other parameters will be required depending on the value selected here (i.e. recipient email address).

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases: