Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist Compound Document - Chart Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Compound Document - Chart Error
 Login/Join

posted
We are very excited to use InfoAssist to create a compound PDF report to send to our agents and have greatly anticipated the release of 7.6.9. All was going well with the first two reports I put onto the document, but when adding the first of many charts, when run gives the error: "Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log.". If I take the graph off the reports appear as expected.

I can create the exact same graph in InfoAssist as a stand alone graph, but when creating it in Compose, even individually without anything else yet in the page, I get the error. Does anyone have similiar experiences to this would could offer some advice?

Thanks!

rob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.5 - SQL Server - Windows Server

Posts: 21 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: June 29, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you create this graph and put it by itself in a simple PDF document? PDF has its own rules about inserting graphics into a report and I'm wondering if this might be causing the problem.

On the other hand, the Composer should know this and adjust accordingly. What is the output format of the graph? (GIF,JPG,SVG,PNG) If you change that does it make any difference?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Darin. Thanks as always for your input. You brought up a good point about simple PDF. I see that when I created the standalone graph I left it as HTML, so of course it worked. When I made it PDF I get the following error:

-----------------------
No HTML Output!
-----------------------

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH= 106326 PLOT POINTS= 39
(FOC3230) HTTP REQUEST FOR GRAPHSERVURL RETURNED ERROR: 401
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 100 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: IBIIGRPH.SVG (RC=1)

This is all in InfoAssist, so I imagine that there is a setting that we need to change somewhere to tell the server where to find this image... or maybe where/how to save it. I can't see anything in InfoAssist to change.

Right now in Configuration/Graph in the Administration Console I see that IBIF_graphservurl has a value in it and looking at the documentation it appears that maybe we should be using JSCOM3. I'll be working with our admin and IBI to get it set correctly.

Thanks!

rob

Posts: 21 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: June 29, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Rob, what does your graph hold statement look like? If you are going to include it in a compound PDF document, I think it needs to be ON GRAPH HOLD AS HOLD FORMAT SVG or something like that. Maybe you can check out the doc for compound PDF. While I don't have InfoAssist, I have created a number of compound PDFs using the compound tool and it works fine.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the source in InfoAssist and don't see anything regarding ON GRAPH HOLD... that seems weird that it isn't included. If I run the Compound report as HTML, the graph just shows as a red X indicating that the file does not exist.

rob

posted Hide Post
Great news. In looking through various other posts here I found that it most likely had something to do with JSCOM3 needing to be set to YES and also clearing out the IBIF_GRAPHSERVURL in the configuration. After seeing that JSCOM3 was already set to YES in cgivars.wfs, we cleared out the IBIF_GRAPHSERVURL field, saved, and everything appears to be working great now!

rob