Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Developer Studio instaal for 7.6.1

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Developer Studio instaal for 7.6.1
 Login/Join

posted
When I installed the software, I got an error at the very end of the installation that says that the file comctamigrator.dll failed to register. The installation then appears to finish normally. The first time I lauch Developer Studio 7.6.1, I get a dialog box that asks me to configure the development environments (I don't think this is supposed to appear if the software is installed properly.) This dialog box does not respond to anything that you click on. If you hit OK or Cancel, it will close and Developer Studio will crash. From this point on, when you launch Developer Studio, the blue box splash screen that you mentioned appears for a couple of seconds and then goes away. The focshell.exe program is not running if you bring up the Task Manager. The reporting server that is installed with Developer Studio appears to work OK if you launch it by itself. It is just the actual desktop application that cannot be launched.

How or what can I do to get past this error? Any ideas???

Posts: 6 | Location: 2401 International Lane | Registered: June 09, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you tried 762 because I know that works albeit slowly. Make sure you uninstall everything before installing the new. You will have to manually run import_reg.bat as well since this is not autorun.

764, coming soon, should speed things up...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
After you finish the install, you have to configure your system. Open Dev Studio right click on the domain and select properties. Under Web Component you will need to add the host name or ip address and the port. The protocol should be HTTP and the HTML Alias is /ibi_html. Under client you will need to enter your path. Unfortunately, I am on 5.3 so your path will be different than mine. Also enter your MRE logon and password under Client Credentials. If you have different data servers you will have to provide the log in and password for them as well. Good Luck

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem being I cannot configure anything, since I now cannot get Developer Studio to open. It opens up after the install but the screen is locked up, and shuts down within a few seconds. Once it crashes, you can no longer open it up. So I cannot configure anything.

Posts: 6 | Location: 2401 International Lane | Registered: June 09, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The only suggestion I can make for that is to completely uninstall and re-install. All existing versions of Dev Studio should be uninstalled before installing the new version. You might want to reboot your computer in between. Also, check to make sure you have adequate available disk space. If that doesn't work open a case with IBI.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We've been using WebFOCUS since 4.x and our Tech Rep told us to always, fully remove the prior DevStudio installation when going to a new major release. That includes the JSDK.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post