Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     IWCControlGroupBox and Chrome

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
IWCControlGroupBox and Chrome
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
My client has opted to convert over to Chrome and the group boxes on my Maintain forms appear as faint gray lines instead of the black ones that appeared in IE. Positioning and even sizing appears to have changed as well, in spite of having absolute positioning and defined tops, lefts, widths and heights. Make any sense to anyone?

Has anyone moved Maintain applications from an IE environment to a Chrome environment? It's days like these that I'd pay $100 for Maintain screens to implement .js file linking properly.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
John
I have used Maintain in IE, Safari, Firefox and Opera. There are SOME positional differences. I have done very minimal testing in Chrome. I will take a look this week and see if there is a Group box property that helps.

Not sure what you mean about linking JS files. You CAN either link or embed JS files on Maintain forms. If there is something else you mean, let me know.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have never gotten Link to work correctly, so we always Embed.

The group box appears to have an exceptionally light color to it and to be down and to the right of where it appears in IE. In IE it's black. Not a crisis, but unexpected. We use it to group conceptual objects for the user, so when it's not there the materials look unanchored.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
In 7703 I am using all the default values for the border of the group box and it actually looks darker in Chrome than in IE. Chrome and Firefox look exactly the same. I am seeing the spacing issue. IE looks to start a little higher on the page than the others.

Not sure if this will help, but you can change the back ground color of the group boxes pretty easily. This may make them stand out even more so than the borders. Try this code:

Winform show_inactive Form1
Form1.GroupBox1.SetBackColor(192, 220, 192)
Form1.GroupBox2.SetBackColor(0, 225, 255)
Form1.GroupBox3.SetBackColor(160, 160, 164)
Form1.GroupBox4.SetBackColor(0, 128, 0)
Winform show Form1

And see if that helps. Otherwise, send me your border settings for the group box and I'll take another look.

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What's the secret to making .js files link correctly? If I'm going to have to revise all of these units I may as well get the link running at the same time.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure there is a trick to getting linked JS files to work. Select Link instead of Embed when you drag the file onto the form, and make sure that when you deploy you move the JS file to the web server so the path in the MNT / WFM file gets updated correctly.

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I get a reference like this --

script id=Number_Edits language=Javascript src="/approot/madap/Number_Edits.js"

that fails to load in both IE and Chrome. This is on 7.6.7. Honestly it looks correct but it doesn't function. Chrome returns a

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (/approot/madap/Number_Edits.js)

. . . and IE returns its usual stupid look.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You know I found a way to get links to function for one particular unit, but for some odd reason (and this makes no sense) I can't link to the same js file via multiple deploys without it breaking the others. Makes no sense, the source code looks right, but it doesn't function.

It's not cost effective to pursue the issue so I'm sticking with embedding. I have to change all the units either way and I can't justify the extra expense of figuring out the problem.

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,