Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HTML List of My Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HTML List of My Report
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

Is there a way to create an HTML list of 'My Reports' from within DevStudio? The report names should be a hyperlink to the actual report. So far I have only been able view the 'My Reports' section in a Domain Tree format and wanted to see if anyone had created a list using HTML.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Cosain

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can do that using the APP LIST and APP QUERY commands.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In release 8 we have an option to populate a control with procedure names and at runtime, the selected procedure will run.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't see how you can get a list of My Reports in a version less than v8. The APP LIST suggestion won't work because the My Reports are stored somewhere in Managed Reporting, not on the application server.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Thank you for the quick responses.

I was able to create an HTML report (from DevStudio) that used the following url and it seems to work.

http://server:port/ibi_apps/Co...WORP_STANDALONE_TREE

But it is in the domain tree format. I thought there may be a way to format this to hide the Standard Reports and only show My Reports in a non collapsable format.

I don't think that upgrading to version 8 is possible for us right now. But if it were, do you know where I could see a sample of this working in version 8?

Thank you,

Elizabeth

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ECosain,

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE

Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you please edit your last post and put the URL between
[CODE]
your url here
[/CODE]
tags so that we can see the proper URL?

This URL does not look like it executes a "report" - it's a link to the B.I. Dashboard tree. If it is indeed a report, please tell us how you created this from Dev Studio?

Thanks,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I updated the url on my previous post.

In DevStudio I created an HTML report and added a listbox to it. In the properties window I changed the Data type to 'Dynamic' and selected 'Other' (instead of Embedded procedure or External Procedure) and placed the url in the 'Custom Library' area.

When I run the HTML report from Managed Reporting it gives me a tree domain that shows Standard and My Reports.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE

posted Hide Post
Hello,

Would something like the logic on this post work?
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7391015861?r=7391015861#7391015861  

I tried to run the latest code but it did not work. Would it need to updated for 7.7.3?

Thank you,

Elizabeth Cosain

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE

posted Hide Post
Hello,

I figured out how to create a list of My Reports that is hyperlinkable!!

I used the information on the following case to get started.

http://forums.informationbuild...391015861#7391015861 

I used Francis' code to create the Master file and to get a list of the reports.

To create the hyperlinks for version 7.7.3 I used the following logic.

'<a target="_blank" href="' ||
  'https://####.#####.com/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LAUNCH_CGI&|IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&|IBIMR_domain=untitled/untitled.htm&|IBIMR_folder=%23.olapSavedParameters' ||
  '&|IBIMR_fex=' ||  MRE_PROG_ID ||
  '&|IBIMR_flags=parmrpt%2Crestrictdev%2CisFex%3Dfalse%2CrunPowerPoint%3Dfalse&|IBIMR_sub_action=MR_MY_REPORT&|WORP_MRU=true&|IBIMR_prompting=XMLRUN&&|WORP_MPV=ab_gbv' ||
  '&&|IBIMR_random=' || RANDOM1 ||
-*'&|IBIMR_user=admin&|IBIMR_pass=' ||
  '">' || MRE_PROG_ID || '</a>';

Some of the code will be different for other environments but for us the only thing that will change is the username so this works for us so far.

I also changed the FILEDEF command to the following.
Previous:

FILEDEF MREBASEDIR DISK &MR_BASE_DIR.EVAL\&MREBASEDIR.EVAL\&MREBASEDIR.EVAL.htm 

Updated way:

FILEDEF BASEDIRUSERHTM DISK C:\ibi\WebFOCUS77\basedir\&MREBASEDIR.EVAL.htm

I have to clean it up but it seems to be giving me what I need. I thought I would post this in case this could be useful to others with the same request.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Cosain

WebFOCUS 7.7.3
DevStudio, MRE

Expert
posted Hide Post
I may have an updated-to-v7703 version of the master, I'll post it to the other thread if I do.

I'm glad this worked for you Elizabeth, and thanks for the great idea of using it for the My Reports list - I didn't think of that!

Cheers,

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis - Do you have the updated 7.7.03 master?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post