Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WF Dashboard - Single Sign-On Page, Redirect To A Group View Based On Userid

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WF Dashboard - Single Sign-On Page, Redirect To A Group View Based On Userid
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I've done a lot of searching on this topic and I can only find a way to redirect to a static group view in the forums. One reference indicates that a lot of time and effort was spent trying to do a redirect dynamically but that the result was failure.

That was a couple of years ago though. This is the question:

Has anybody set up a dashboard login that redirects the user to their appropriate group view based upon their userid?

That is, there's a single login page, but depending upon who is logging in they are sent to the group view that is appropriate to them. This is a stated requirement by a customer of mine and I'd like to know if anyone has tackled it. I'm pretty open-minded about how to pull it off.

Any light you can shine . . .

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at "Directing Users to a Group View Upon Login" in the WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual?

quote:
You can setup login so that when a user enters their ID and password they are automatically
logged into a Group View of Dashboard or to a window where they can view the group views
that are available to them (if there are multiple views).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Indicates a static redirect, and there's some solid success stories based upon it. I'm looking for one that will direct based upon the entered userid.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is not a static redirect, it is based on the logged-in User ID.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post

• If the user is a member of a single group view, the user is automatically logged into
    that group view.
  • If the user is a member of multiple group views, the user is logged into a window
    displaying the group views available to them.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks -- I'll implement and test. The feedback I was getting was that it would not do what I was looking for, just link to a single page.

J.

Follow up -- hey thanks bud! I had an outdated user manual with very different contents. This appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

http://documentation.informati...min/wf761mradmin.pdf

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm glad it worked out.

How about updating the Signature field of your FocalPoint Profile?

Cheers,

Francis.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have four customers at the moment, ranging from 5.2 to 7.6.9. They change frequently so the profile tends to always be out of date.

I had a devil of a time getting this to stick. I had to restart the entire box. I'm still getting a link for My View at the bottom, but other than that I am now getting the behavior I expect. Thanks again.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Which version are you trying this on?

Different instructions are available for v5.3. and v 7.6

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
5.3:

quote:
Directing Users to a Group View Upon Login
You can setup login so that when a user enters their ID and password they are automatically
logged into a Group View of Dashboard or to a window where they can view the group
views that are available to them (if there are multiple views).
Procedure: How to Select a Group View Upon Login
1. Backup the file /ibi/WebFOCUS53/worp/conf/bid-config.xml.
2. Open bid-config.xml using a text editor.
3. Search for the string "login-success". You will see the following code:
<!-- Configure this redirect to go to a different page than
Dashboard's default upon successful login
-->
<response-redirect request-context="login-success">
<context-redirect url="&JSP;/WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp"/>
<!--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/performance_management_framework/
WORP_MultiViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>-->
<!--<context-redirect url="&JSP;/performance_management_framework/
WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp"/>-->
</response-redirect>

4. By default, the context-redirect parameter points to the WORP_LoginSuccess.jsp. To
have:
• A Views page appear upon login, remove the comments ("< !--" and "-->") before
and after the "context-redirect" section that contains the URL for
WORP_MultiViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp.
• The user automatically logged into a group view without having to select the view,
remove the comments ("< !--" and "-->") before and after the "context-redirect"
section that contains the URL for
WORP_SingleViewPerformanceManagementFramework.jsp.
Note: If you use this option all users must be a member of only one group,
otherwise an error occurs when they log in. If a user is not a member of any group,
they also get an error when they log in.

7.6:

quote:
Directing Users to a Group View Upon Login

logged into a Group View of Dashboard or to a window where they can view the group views
that are available to them (if there are multiple views).

1. Back up the file /ibi/WebFOCUS76/worp/conf/bid-config.xml.
2. Open bid-config.xml using a text editor.
3. Search for the string “GoToPersonalViewOnLogin”. You will see the following code:

4. Change the value to “false” as shown in the following code:

5. Close and save bid-config.xml.
After the setting is changed, the following login processing is enabled:
If the user is a member of a single group view, the user is automatically logged into
that group view.
If the user is a member of multiple group views, the user is logged into a window
displaying the group views available to them.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
i set my GoToPersonalViewOnLogin to TRUE
and that avoids that awful gray page!
The user automatically goes their MyView, the view (the copy of the original) that sits in their user directory under worp_users
Remember that when you make some updates to that Group View, you have to go into the dashboard view builder page and Manage Users and click on all the users in that group and click Refresh. PITA!!! (there's no way to sort that list to make picking a subset easier, how last millenium is that!)
When you refresh, the current version of the Group's view gets copied into the users's worp_users directory.
To get a more granular control, either wait for 77, or overwrite the content.xml in that users worp_users directory. Make Caster do it for you.
Sledge hammer approach again. My favorite.

or... what i do currently is have everyone go to the public view, and the public view has a launch page that paints itself based on your userid, reading the MR REPOS tables, and figuring out what worps you have access to.
and paints links to worps. (Molto Grazie to Francesco for helping ) . Benefit? never have to refresh a thing! For you, you could sort the list of available and qualified worps based on what the userid is, or whatever you wanted.
Public view doesn't even show that ugly Views dropdown.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Nicely customized, I'd say Smiler

Francis