Focal Point
problem with wrapping - it splits the data

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4811069882

June 23, 2008, 11:03 AM
<Barry>
problem with wrapping - it splits the data
I have a wrapped column in PDF and it splits when there is a page break. When it is split, part of the data is on the next page and the bottom border of the title section is suppressed and I cannot find a way to fix this
June 23, 2008, 11:10 AM
Tony A
Will ON fieldname NOSPLIT help you?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
June 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
<Barry>
No it will not since its the data that is splitting and not a by field. I tried putting nosplit in the lowest level by field on the subhead and the subfoot but that did not work
June 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
Darin Lee
Just a stab in the dark, but try using SET PRINTPLUS=ON. Seems to do a little better job of appropriately calculating page lengths. Don't know if it would make any difference in you case, but definitely worth a try.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 23, 2008, 11:54 AM
<Barry>
Nice stab but it did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion
June 23, 2008, 12:02 PM
Prarie
Take a look at Mickey's article and see if some of his suggestions help. Here

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Barry,

I think you need to open a tech support case with Information Builders about this one. I don't think my articles will help with this one. I would have suggested both NOSPLIT and PRINTPLUS.

One other thing (as per general forum guidelines):

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE to indicate the WebFOCUS versions you're currently using in development, testing and/or production environment. Since the signature line is an easy place to glance at when reading and replying to other posts, this should help to increase the rate at which solutions are provided. Of course, feel free to keep your existing signatures or add any other relevant information. The following is an example to model:

Member Name
Member Title

Prod: WebFOCUS 5.2.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 7.1 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011