Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Refresh a Standard Report task in Report Caster Schedule

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Refresh a Standard Report task in Report Caster Schedule
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
How do I refresh a Standard Report in a Scheduled task in Report Caster? I've tried selecting the Standard Report in the Edit Task routine and clicking the Refresh button but, that didn't do anything.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BKR,

7.6.8, Windows XP
Excel, PDF, Active HTML, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What are you trying to do?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am trying to update and run a scheduled payroll report/procedure. New records show up when running the report/procedure in Developer Studio but when I run the same procedure in a scheduled task in Report Caster the new records don't display.

7.6.8, Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Open up the task and then save it.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
ReportCaster runs the current version on disk of the specified focexec. There should be no reason to "refresh" or "resave" the task if the focexec name and location have not changed. If you have made changes to the focexec in Dev Studio, have you saved your work to disk? Is the focexec you are running from Dev Studio the exact same version (same name, same folder, same server, etc.) that is running under ReportCaster? Is ReportCaster running the focexec from the Production server, while you are running the focexec from the Test server?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have saved my work to my Managed Reporting HR Reporting DEV folder in Dev Studio and I am pulling the same standard report(i.e. same name, same folder, same server, etc.) in Report Caster. We are using the 7.6.8 version of Dev Studio and Report Caster 7.6. These versions are still our originally purchased versions. We have not upgraded to any other versions. ReportCaster is running the focexec from the Production server. We don't have a Test Server.

7.6.8, Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am trying to update and run a scheduled payroll report/procedure. New records show up when running the report/procedure in Developer Studio but when I run the same procedure in a scheduled task in Report Caster the new records don't display.

Hi,

One reason this could be happening is because of the parameters that are being passed from the task in RC. Please check what values are being passed.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
There are 3 parameters for each task that I have inserted in the Advanced Task Options:

1. CHARGE_DEPT
2. EndDate
3. StartDate

The EndDate and StartDate values are the same for all tasks. It is the CHARGE_DEPT value that varies for each task. It is a single value for each task as well.

7.6.8, Windows XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The issue was that the date parameters weren't entered for all of the scheduled tasks and as a result, no data was yielded from those tasks. Thanks all of you anyway for your assistance. This issue is resolved

7.6.8, Windows XP