Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
For Loop
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi to All,

Can anybody give me idea how to use for loop like other languages in our webfocus with example if possible? Please help me !

Thanks in advance.......

Posts: 30 | Location: India | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Goldy,

You didn't give us much to go on. Impossible to tell what you want to do. There's the dialogue manager -REPEAT loop, for which you can find explanation and examples in the Developing Applications manual, but I have no idea if this is what you need.

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
goldy, sure.
-SET &HOWMANY = 12 ;
-REPEAT MYENDLABEL &HOWMANY TIMES
TABLE FILE CAR
...do stuff
END
-RUN
-MYENDLABEL

...or
-SET &KOUNTER = 0 ;
-TOPLOOPLABEL
-SET &KOUNTER = &KOUNTER + 1 ;
-IF &KOUNTER EQ 12 GOTO LOOPOUT ;
TABLE FILE CAR
..do stuff
END
-RUN
-GOTO TOPLOOPLABEL;
-LOOPOUT

...and
you can set variables within your loop using the counter
-SET &OUTTAB = 'OUTTAB'|&KOUNTER ;
TABLE FILE CAR
...do stuff
ON TABLE HOLD AS &OUTTAB
END
...and you'll be making in your agent files named
OUTTAB1 OUTTAB2 ...etc, useful if you want to lay them out in an HTMLFORM
Any help?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks susannah and dwf. I got the idea how to do and i also solved my problem now.

Thanks..........

Posts: 30 | Location: India | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
susannah - I just wanted to say that your response in this thread was excellent! I'm still learning, and comments like yours right here really help to accelerate the research/learning experience. Thanks -

DevStudio 766 Servlet - Self Service - MS Windows XP SP2, (output) Excel, PDF, HTML