Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Bad Split on pdf - Subhead Header Issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Bad Split on pdf - Subhead Header Issue
 Login/Join

<ludo>
posted
Hi all,

I'm back with two issues. I'm using the 7.6.2 release of Webfocus. I tried the overflow option on the pdf layout painter wich allow you to merge severals pdf report together. These feature work . My problem is on paging management. Indeed I got 3 reports embedded in a compound pdf. The last one has been printed in 2 pages. The problem is that nmy subhead is splitted on the 2 pages.

The related code for this report is

TABLE FILE PSRESULT
PRINT
 LIBELLE AS '' IN 7
 COMPUTE DATE_F1/A8DMYY= DATE_RESTRICKING; AS '' NOPRINT
 COMPUTE TXT1/A50 = ' au ' |  EDIT(DATE_F1,'99/99/9999') | ' : '; AS ''
 COURS AS ''
 WHERE DATE_RESTRICKING EQ &&SELDATE.EVAL
 WHERE FLAG_RESTRICKING EQ 4
 BY HIGHEST 1 DATE_COURS_PRODUIT  NOPRINT
 BY FLAG_RESTRICKING AS ''
 ON FLAG_RESTRICKING SUBHEAD NOSPLIT
 "Situation au <DATE_RESTRICKING"
 ""
 "Valorisation comptable au <+0><DATE_RESTRICKING <+0><VALORISATION_COMPTABLE"
 "Valorisation financière au <+0><DATE_RESTRICKING :<+0><VALORISATION_FINANCIERE"
 "Niveau de constatation :"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOSPLIT
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,GRID=OFF,FONT='HELVETICA NEUE',SIZE=9,COLOR='NAVY',BACKCOLOR='NONE',STYLE=NORMAL,
RIGHTGAP=0.05,TOPGAP=0.000000,LEFTGAP=0.25,BOTTOMGAP=0.13,SQUEEZE=ON,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1,COLOR=BLACK, SIZE=11, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=9,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3,ITEM=1,POSITION=1,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=4,ITEM=1,POSITION=1,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5,ITEM=1,POSITION=1,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

I'v tried to put NOSPLIT option on each settings header, subhead, ... but definitely the subhead is written on one page and the data are displayed on th e next page ... damned Frowner

My other problem is to repeat the header of a pdf file on each page. Below is the code I wrote. I tried to set the pagelayout to ALL but it has no effect.

-INCLUDE prod_struct_r0
-RUN
SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
SET PRINTPLUS=ON
SET PAGE-NUM = ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=CM, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=A4, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='0^0.5^0^0.5', $
OBJECT=IMAGE, NAME='image1', IMAGE=logo_bpere.gif, POSITION=(0.528 0.528), DIMENSION=(2.276 2.990), $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='text1', TEXT='Rapport au &&SELDATE.EVAL', POSITION=(2.292 0.313), MARKUP=OFF, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(* *), font='HELVETICA NEUE', color='BLACK',  size=16, $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='text2', TEXT='LIB_PRODUIT  LIB_FORME_JURIDIQUE', POSITION=(3.292 1.2), MARKUP=OFF, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(* *), font='HELVETICA NEUE', color='NAVY',  size=15, $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.528 4), DIMENSION=(* *), OVERFLOW-POSITION=(1.059 4.234), OVERFLOW-DIMENSION=(19.311 12.695), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.528cm; WIDTH: 19.311cm; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 4.234cm; HEIGHT: 5.021cm', $
COMPONENT='report2', TEXT='report2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(+0 +0.5), DIMENSION=(* *), RELATIVE-TO='report1', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT, METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.537cm; WIDTH: 19.31cm; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 10.308cm; HEIGHT: 7.133cm', $
COMPONENT='report3', TEXT='report3', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(+0 +0.5), DIMENSION=(* *), RELATIVE-TO='report2', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT, METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.537cm; WIDTH: 19.31cm; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 10.308cm; HEIGHT: 7.133cm', $
END

SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE prod_struct_r1
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE prod_struct_r2_1
SET COMPONENT='report3'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE prod_struct_r2_2
COMPOUND END

Could you please help me to solve these issues.

Thx a lot
Ludo

Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Any idea Idea ?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you run the last report by itself does it Split? I think the reason you have not had anyone answer this is because the Compound code generated for this is so new to us... ...we are used to doing the Compound reports hand coded the old fashioned way.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Hi Prarie,

If i run the report it doesn't split cause the output fit n one page ;-)

I know that the code generated by the compound reports is awful. A senior developer of Webfocus told me to use old fashioned way use your brain and hand to code it yourself. That's what I done .. the only thing I had from the pervious version of WF is using the OVEFLOW and RELATIVE-TO settings allowed in 7.6.2. In fact I think that my issue (the first one) is also available on former version.

In fact I tried to force the no split on a entire report (header,subhead, print) called in a compound when thhe previous compound take to much place in the page.

Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Help .... I need somebody's help ... Music

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ludo,

In the PDF Layout Painter, what happens if you insert a new page layout and put the splitting report on that page layout?

Since we can't reproduce your problem easily because we don't have your data, it might be better if you open a case with IBI.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post