Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to style a group box's legend in HTML Composer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to style a group box's legend in HTML Composer
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have created a group box (
) element in HTML composer with a few labels and controls in it.

I now want to change the font and color of it's legend only without going to the HTML source.

I cannot find a way to select the legend only from the GUI. Whenever I click the control the whole group box gets selected and any changes to styling get applied to all of the internal controls in it as well overwriting any specific style settings they had before Mad

Browsing through the Properties I can only see the fieldset element plus any contained controls but not the legend Confused

The HTML code however looks like this:

<FIELDSET style="Z-INDEX: 0; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 530px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial; HEIGHT: 70px; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 0.8em; TOP: 40px; LEFT: 420px" id=groupbox3>
<LEGEND>Source File Date  </LEGEND>   <!-- **** I want to style this **** -->
<LABEL style="blah" id=lFromDt for=pFromDt name="calendar1">From</LABEL> 
<INPUT style="blah" id=pFromDt tabIndex=6 value=2011/11/18 hspace=0 size=5 elementtype="14" persistentuniqueid="compUid_1" defaultselection="1" defaultlocation="0,0,22,91" boundtovariable="1" requiredfield="1" name="pFromDt"> 
<INPUT style="blah" id=pToDt tabIndex=8 value=1900/01/01 hspace=0 size=5 elementtype="14" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2" defaultselection="1" defaultlocation="0,0,22,91" boundtovariable="1" requiredfield="1" name="pToDt"> 
<LABEL style="blah" id=lToDt tabIndex=27 for=pToDt persistentuniqueid="compUid_14" name="calendar1">To</LABEL></FIELDSET>

I assume that if I manually add a "style" attibute to I could accomplish what I need but I'd prefer to do it from the GUI (just trying to follow on Francis' steps Wink)

Would somebody please be able to offer me any hint as to how to do that?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
At first I was going to be snarky and suggest you wait until v7.7.06 or something, but it seems you can achieve what you require today!

Double-click and select "Source File Date", you can then style the selected text using the Font properties toolbar.

The A with the under-score provides you a dialog box with Font family, size and colour.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh, excellent! Thanks Francis. I double-clicked that element many times before to adjust its value but never cared to look at hte toolbar. I always assumed that Properties were the place to go to change styling for the sake of consistency. I know better now.

Thanks again.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.