Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard Domain Tree

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dashboard Domain Tree
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I was not sure if this was possible or not but we would like for a specific folder to be pre-expanded when the user logs into a specific group. So say a sales rep is logging in, we would like the folder titled "sales" to be pre-expanded for them.

I'm sure out of the box this is not possible, but any suggestions would be great.

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I was also wondering if it was possible wrap the text in the frame block as well. Our report names are usually 4-5 words long and you have to scroll right to view the entire report name.

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I figured out how to pre-expand certain folders.

Now can anyone help with the frame text wrapping?

Expert
posted Hide Post
It should be possible to wrap the report name text in file domain.css which is in the group view folder, eg. C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\worp\worp_custom\ae_gbv\domain.css

But I haven't been able to do it yet! The folder contents are loaded with JavaScript and it seems that the only tag that applies to the report hyperlinks is the A tag.

I'm still looking into it.

Cheers,

Francis.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Adding the following code to the domain.css may do the trick:

TD { white-space: normal; }

Clear the cache, close all the browser windows - it seems if you click on the refresh domain icon (the roundy arrow) the old version of the window is redisplayed (or an old version of the style sheet is applied).

Next, you may want to align the text near the report icons...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
TD { white-space: normal; }

Wow, it worked! I have been asking everyone and trying to figure this out for days.

Thanks so much Francis!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey, glad it worked.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have another question that is somewhat related to the domain tree.

In the upper left hand corner it says "Domains For: 'Username'".

Does anyone know which file controls that line of text? I would like to change it to say "Welcome 'Username'" instead.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I would do this, but if you insist, I think the file to change is

C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\EN\worptrans.js

The line (I think) is: worptrans.put("Domains For: public","Domains For: public"); Perhaps changing the second phrase will work.

Change at your own risk Smiler

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It didn't work. I've been looking through all the js and jsp files and cannot come up with anything.

This is the html generated for the block if it helps any...I need to find out what is controlling this page.

[!-- Created By WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard HtmlBuilder on Tue May 30 16:15:21 CDT 2006 --]
[HTML]
[HEAD]
[TITLE]Domains[/TITLE]
[LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="/ibi_bid/worp_custom/ab_gbv/domain.css"/]
[/HEAD]
[BODY LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 CLASS="domain"]
[FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="/ibi_apps/Controller" TARGET="tree" NAME="DSForm"]
[TABLE ALIGN="left" BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=0 STYLE="position:absolute;top:0;"]
[TR]
[TD CLASS="domainsFor" NOWRAP]
Domains For: Banares, Eric[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[div STYLE="padding-left:2px;"][SELECT STYLE="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;color:#000000;width:100%;position:absolute;top:20;" NAME="WORP_CURRENT_DOMAIN"]
[/div][OPTION VALUE="untitled%2Funtitled.htm" SELECTED]
Default Domain[/OPTION]
[OPTION VALUE="dontstdm%2Fdontstdm.htm"]
Web Reporting Domain[/OPTION]
[/SELECT]
[TABLE ALIGN="left" BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=0 STYLE="position:absolute;top:41;"]
[tr][td][div][A CLASS="WOAS" HREF="javascript:document.forms.DSForm.submit()" TITLE="Click For Contents"]
Submit[/A]
   [A CLASS="WOAS" HREF="javascript:window.location.reload()" TITLE="Click To Update Summary"]
Refresh[/A]
[/div][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="WORP_REQUEST_TYPE" VALUE="WORP_TREE"]
[INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="WORP_MPV" VALUE="ab_gbv"]
[/FORM]
[/BODY]
[/HTML]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .eric,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .eric:
I figured out how to pre-expand certain folders.

Now can anyone help with the frame text wrapping?

.eric - would you mind sharing your solution for the default expansion? Thanks!

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6 - on Win 2K3/Tomcat - MRE/BID/RCaster/VisDis and AS400 (JDEWorld)

Posts: 23 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 16, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is the only way I could figure it out and I would not recommend it unless you are comfortable changing your .js files.

But there is a file called worp_tree.js which builds the domain tree. In that file there is a function called "initializeDocument" which looks like this:

function initializeDocument(folderNode, startingNode)
{

if (ie5 || ie6 || ns6) {
browserVersion = 1
}
else {
alert("Current Browser < " + navigator.appName + " " + navigator.appVersion + " > Not Supported");
return;
}

folderNode.initialize(startingNode, 1, "", startingNode)
folderNode.display()

if (browserVersion > 0)
{

if (treeType == "xmltree" && preserveCurrentState == "1")
{
preserveCurrentState = 0;
// close the whole tree
clickOnNode(startingNode);
// open the root folder
clickOnNode(startingNode);
openPersistentFolder();
preserveCurrentState = 1;
}
else
{
// close the whole tree
clickOnNode(startingNode)
// open the root folder
clickOnNode(startingNode)
*** clickOnNode(2) ****
}
}
}

I added the line in ***, which basically simulates a click on the next node of the root folder. Keeping in mind I defaulted it to have standard reports already openened on load.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If this wasn't possible does anyone know how I can retrieve the full name of the user logged in? I can probably just create a simple page to be displayed in that block of dashboard instead.

I'm not referring to the login ID, but the full name that is specified in MRE.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's a simple way to do this. If you do find a way, please post the method.

Cheers,

Francis.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The only other screen I can find that shows the full user name is during the log off screen. I'll post my results if I can come up with anything.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Eric, I shouldn't have jumped the gun and said there is no simple way to retrieve the user name from MRE. My approach would be to create a master for the user file in MRE (d:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\basedir\user.htm) and simply read the file. The problem is that since it's an HTML file, the Master is a little complexe (a little like https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/7391015861 ). I'm working on it in my free time and will post it when it's done.

Cheeers,

Francis.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I ended up just submitting a case through IBI and their solution works great.

For anyone interested:

In order to modify the ( Domains For: ) wording under the Domain List in the
Dashboard you can do the following:

* Please make sure that before you make any changes you backup your files.
* These steps assume you are pointing to the webfocus71 exploded directory for
your Web Application rather than the webfocus71.war file.

A. Locate the intl.jar file under the following directory:
\ibi\WebFOCUS71\webapps\webfocus71\Web-INF\lib\intl.jar
B. Make a directory called temp (C:\temp). Copy the jar file to this temp
directory. All the changes will be made to the "copy" before it replaces
the old jar file.

C. Unjar the "copied" jar file. Perform the following jar command from within
DOS, to unjar the jar file. Again, this will be done to the copy made in
Step B: C:\temp>jar xf intl.jar
D. Review unjar'd jar file. The directory structure will now be available for
you in your temporary directory. You can issue the following C:\temp>dir

E. Delete the "copied" jar file because once you make your change to whatever
file, we're going to re-create the jar file. This will be the jar file set
in the C:\temp directory.
F. At this point, you have the entire unjar'd intl.jar file. You need to
locate the WORP_Bundle_en.properties located under:
C:\temp\ibi\intl

G. Locate the Domains For option under the Sidebar labels
H. Replace it with whatever other wording you want / Save Changes

I. Once your change(s) have been made, you now need to re-create the JAR
file. Perform the following jar command from within DOS:
jar -cf intl.jar *
J. Copy the newly created jar file from the C:\temp directory into the
\ibi\WebFOCUS71\webapps\webfocus71\Web-INF\lib\intl.jar file.

K. Reload your Web Application and recycle the Web Server for the changes to
take effect.

Thanks for the help though Francis.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information .eric. If we require the User Name retrieved from MRE then I think we will need to read the user.htm file - I haven't seen any other method yet.

Cheers.

Francis